728x90 AdSpace

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Inspector Posts (IP) Exam 2016 (LDC) Notification

Hi Aspirants, Good news for those working as Postal/Sorting Assistant in Postal Department. Department of Post vide letter No.A-34012/09/2016-DE dated 05.09.2016 has published the notification for its Limited Departmental Competitive Exam for promotion to the cadre of Inspector Posts (66.6%) Departmental quota for the year 2015-16. The remaining 33.4% is being filled through Direct Recruitment via SSC CGL Exam. Hence this is a golden opportunity for those presently working as Postal/Sorting Assistant to get a promotion and achieve a career growth in the journey forward.

As per the Notification, Departmental Competitive Examination for promotion to Inspector Posts cadre for the vacancies for the period 01.01.2015 to 31.03.2016 will be held as per the old pattern of using OMR method for evaluation. Important Details are as follows:

IP Exam 2016

Important Dates
Date of notification: 05.09.2016
Last date for receipt of Application form at Divisional Officel/Controlling Unit from eligible candidates: 20.09.2016
Receipt of duly filled in Application forms at the Regional Office to be sent by Divisional office/Controlling Unit duly verified: 23.09.2016
Receipt of duly filled in Application forms at the Circle Office to be sent by RO /Divisional Office/Controlling Unit duly verified: 26.09.20t6
Issue of Hall tickets to eligible candidates: 05.10.2016
Date of Examination: 15/16.10.2016

Eligibility Criteria
1. Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants with a Grade pay of Rs, 2400 as per VI CPC and corresponding Level as per the Vll CPC working in Post Offices/, Railway Mail Service Offices  Postal/Railway Mail Service Divisional offices,/ Circle offices/ Foreign Post/Returned Letter offices/ Postal Stores Depots /Savings Bank Control Organization(SBCO) / Internal Check Organization(lCO SB) of the Circle,/ Office of Director, Postal Life Insurance, Kolkata(DPLl)/ Mail Motor Service.

2. Lower Selection Grade officials with a Grade pay of Rs. 2800 as per VI CPC and corresponding Level as per the V11 CPC working in Post Offices/, Railway Mail Service Offices/, Postal/Railway Mail Service Divisional offices,/ Circle offices/ Foreign Post/Returned Letter offices/ Postal Stores Depots /Savings Bank Control Organization(SBCO)/ Internal Check Organization(ICO SB) of the Circle,/ Office of Director. Postal Life Insurance, Kolkata/ Mail Motor Service.

The officials working in the above categories should have put in not less than five years of regular service on the crucial date of eligibility.

Crucial date for Age and Service eligibility conditions:-
As per the Recruitment Rules, 2013, the crucial date for minimum qualifying service is 1st January of the year to which vacancies pertain to and as per note 4 below Column ll of RRs, age limit for appearing in Limited Departmental Competitive Examination is ‘not exceeding 40 years’. Relaxation by 5 years is given for Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribe officials.

Further as per Rule 279/ 3(a). of Postal Manual, Volume IV, Part-II, a candidate must fulfill the conditions of minimum service and age limit as on 1st July preceding the date fixed for the examination. In view of this, the crucial date for this Examination has been fixed as 01st July, 2015 for age and service eligibility conditions.

Syllabus and Pattern (Click image to enlarge)



No.of chances: Maximum 4 chances. 6 chances for SC/ST.

Venue of Examination: Circle Headquarters

Check more details from the detailed Notification given in the link below.

Inspector Posts (IP) Exam 2016 (LDC) Notification Reviewed by Currentaffairs4examz on 6.9.16 Rating: 5 Hi Aspirants, Good news for those working as Postal/Sorting Assistant in Postal Department. Depart...

No comments :