Hi Aspirants, here is the Current Affairs Quiz Questions for 12 September 2016 useful for all upcoming exams.
Questions for the day. Click the ‘START QUIZ’ button to start the quiz.
1. Name the winner of the 2016 US Open Men’s Singles title?
Answer: Stan Wawrinka
Note: In the final, Swiss Wawrinka defeated Serbian Djokovic 6-7, 6-4, 7-5, 6-3 to clinch the title. This is Wawrinka’s maiden US Open title and his third major title.
2. Union Cabinet on 12 September 2016 approved the process, formation and functioning of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council. Creation of the GST Council as per Article ___ of the amended Constitution?
Answer: Article 279A
Note: The council will consist of the Finance Minister and State Finance Ministers. It will make recommendations on important issues related to GST, including items and rates.
3. Which team on 11 September 2016 won the Durand Cup football title?
Answer: Army Green
Note: In the final of Asia's oldest football tournament in New Delhi, Army Green defeated Neroca FC 6-5 via penalty shoot outs.
4. ‘Yudh Abhyas 2016’ which is set to be conducted in Uttarakhand from September 14 to 27 is the joint military training exercise between India and?
Answer: US defence cooperation
Note: The two week exercise will witness participation of about 225 personnel of the US Army and similar strength of Congo Brigade of the Indian Army.
5. Which drama on 10 September 2016 won the Golden Lion for Best Film Award at the 73 Venice Film Festival?
Answer: Ang Babaeng Humayo (The Woman Who Left)
Note: Ang Babaeng Humayo is nearly four-hour black and white revenge drama film about a woman’s thirst for revenge and her feelings of forgiveness after 30 years in jail for a crime she did not commit.
6. World's first driverless bus service launched recently (Sept-2016) in which country?
Note: The world’s first daily driverless bus service has started in Lyon, France which will run in the city’s Confluence area. The driverless bus service includes two electric shuttles that will transport passengers on a ten-minute route hosting five stops.
7. Supreme Court opened on a holiday on 12 September 2016 to hear the Karnataka government’s plea to modify an order directing it to share Cauvery water with which state?
Answer: Tamil Nadu
Note: Supreme court modified its 5th September order on Cauvery water sharing issue. The apex Court has asked Karnataka to release 12000 cusecs water to Tamil Nadu per day till 20 September.
8. Talgo train completed its final trial between Delhi and Mumbai in 11 hours and 42 minutes at a maximum speed of 150 kmph. Talgo train is made in?
9. A 5.7-magnitude earthquake struck northwest Tanzania on 12 September 2016. Name the Capital of Tanzania?
10. Name the drama series that became the Most-Awarded Drama in Emmy History?
Answer: Game of Thrones