Hi Aspirants, here is the Current Affairs Quiz for 13 August 2016 useful for upcoming competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, UPSC, PSC Exams etc. We have prepared the questions in such a way as likely to be asked in these exams.
1. Which bank has recently launched a program called "Project Ananya" that focuses on improved customer service and offering latest in digital banking services?
Answer: Syndicate Bank
Note: The bank plans to transform 10 % of its branches to the new format in the next 6-12 months. The first Ananya branch was opened by MD and CEO Arun Srivastava.
2. Indian's multinational pharmaceutical company Cipla Limited has appointed ____ as the managing director (MD) & Chief executive officer (CEO) of effective September 1, 2016?
Answer: Umang Vohra
Note: The current incumbent, Subhanu Saxena will step down from his position on August 31, 2016 to attend to emergent family priorities.
3. World Elephant Day was observed on?
Answer: 12 August
4. Supreme Court of India on 12 August 2016 has lifted the ban on registration of high-end diesel cars and SUVs having engine capacity of 2000 cc and above in which city?
Answer: New Delhi
Note: Ruling in this regard was given by SC bench headed by Chief Justice TS Thakur on record the affidavits filed by some car makers and Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers.
5. World Bio-Fuel Day was observed across the world on?
Answer: 10 August
Note: The day is observed every year with an aim to create awareness about non fossil-fuels (Green Fuels).
6. The 2016 International Youth Day was celebrated on?
Answer: 12 August
7. Name the Chinese table tennis champion who became the fifth male player to complete the Grand Slam by winning gold medal in Rio Olympics 2016?
Answer: Ma Long
8. Which state Government on 10 August 2016 decided to grant 33 percent reservation to women in Urban Local Bodies (ULBs)?
Note: The decision was announced by the Chief Minister TR Zeliang during the State Level Watershed Conference held in Kohima.
9. Who topped the 100 Richest Tech Billionaires In The World 2016 List of Forbes?
Answer: Bill Gates
10. Name the Indian cricket player who has equalled Kapil Dev and Bhuvneshwar Kumar's record for taking two five wicket hauls and scoring two half-centuries in a Test series?
Answer: Ravichandran Ashwin
Note: He has joined Kapil Dev and Bhuvneshwar Kumar as the third Indian player to take two five wicket hauls and score two half-centuries in a Test series. Kapil Dev has achieved it twice in his illustrious career. Bhuvneshwar Kumar achieved this in the five-Test series against England in 2014.