Hi Aspirants, here are the Current Affairs Quiz Questions for 12 August 2016 covering the important happenings of the day. Questions will be very useful for upcoming Bank Exams, UPSC/SSC Exams etc.
1. Which state Government has recently launched Rhino horn verification process for verifying rhino horns stored in various treasuries of Assam since 1980?
Note: The process will be responsible for verifying the genuineness of the rhino horns, which were recovered since 1980s and stored in various treasuries.
2. Who recently became the first swimmer to win four consecutive gold medals in same event?
Answer: Michael Phelps
3. Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Bill, 2016 which was passed by Rajya Sabha recently will amend the Maternity Benefit Act of which year?
4. ____ on 12 August 2016 became the first state to ratify the Constitution (122nd Amendment) (GST) Bill , 2014?
Note: The bill was passed by the Lok Sabha on 8 August 2016 and by the Rajya Sabha on 3 August 2016. The GST will have two components keeping in mind the federal structure of India: the Central GST (CGST) and the State GST (SGST). For goods and services that pass through several states, or imports, the Centre will levy another tax, the Integrated GST (IGST).
5. What is the name of the world’s biggest furniture retailer that broke ground for its first store in India in Hyderabad on 11 August 2016?
Answer: Ikea (Sweden)
Note: Ikea, the world’s biggest furniture retailer, will open its first India store in Hyderabad by 2017 with investment of Rs. 700 crore.
6. India’s first repository on tigers will be set up in which city?
Note: India’s first repository on tigers will be set up by the Wildlife Institute of India (WII) under its new Tiger Cell at Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
7. Which union ministry has launched a social media campaign to mark Daughters’ Day on August 11?
Answer: Ministry of Women and Child Development
Note: The Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi has recently launched a social media campaign to mark Daughters’ Day on August 11, 2016. The entire week will be celebrated as Daughters’ Week as part of government’s ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ programme to check female foeticide, improve sex ratio and educate girls across India.
8. Microsoft on 11 August 2016 announced the appointment of _____ as the new Managing Director (MD) of its India Research Lab?
Answer: Sriram Rajamani
Note: Rajamani replaced Chandu Thekkath, who previously worked as Managing Director of the lab for two years.
9. The legendary Pakistani cricketer, often dubbed as Little Master, who passed away on 12 August 2016?
Answer: Hanif Mohammad
Note: He was named as a Wisden Cricketer of the Year in 1968. In January 2009, he was named along with two other Pakistani players, Imran Khan and Javed Miandad, among the inaugural batch of 55 inductees into the ICC's Hall of Fame.
10. Which committee was formed recently to restructure the Central Water Commission (CWC) and the Central Ground Water Board (CGWB)?
Answer: Mihir Shah committee