Hi Aspirants, here is the Current Affairs Quiz Questions for 18 August 2016 useful for all upcoming competitive exams.
1. Who won India’s first medal at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games by clinching the bronze in the wrestling 58kg category?
Answer: Sakshi Malik
Note: Sakshi Malik created history by becoming the first Indian woman wrestler to win an Olympic medal. It was India’s overall 25th medal in Olympic Games. She defeated Aisuluu Tynybekova of Kyrgyzstan by 8-5 points. With this she becomes only the fourth woman athlete from India to win an Olympic medal. Weight-lifter Karnam Malleshwari was the first Indian to win an Olympic medal.
2.Name the world’s largest (longest) aircraft which has recently embarked its maiden flight at an airfield in Cardington in central England?
Answer: Airlander 10
Note: Airlander 10 is hybrid ship i.e. it is a partly plane and partly airship filled with helium gas. It is 92-metre-long and 43.5m wide.
3. Indian cricket team has secured world No.1 ranking in the latest ICC Test rankings. Which team is at second position?
4. Which state has become the 3rd State to ratify the Goods and Services Tax on 18 August 2016?
5. PM Modi laid the foundation stone of new BJP HQ building at ____ on August 18, 2016?
Answer: New Delhi
6. The government has recently launched new initiatives including setting up of a water purification plant under Namami Gange at?
Answer: Mathura, UP
7. Name the three apps launched by Power Ministry to enhance transparency in the power transmission sector?
Answer: TARANG,e-Trans & DEEP
8. PV Sindhu made history on 18 August 2016 for Indian badminton when she reached the final of the women’s singles event after beating Nozomi Okuhara of which country?
9. Who was on 17 August 2016 appointed as the Administrator of Lakshadweep?
Answer: Farooq Khan
10. Name the Indian-American who was recently named co-chair of the transition team of Hillary Clinton?
Answer: Neera Tanden