Hi Aspirants, Staff Selection Commission vide its notification F.No.3/1/2016-P&P-I dated 01.07.2016 has released the revised scheme for Combined Graduate Level Examination, 2016. As per the revised schedule SSC CGL Exam 2016 Tier-1 will be held on 27th August, 2016.
Here are the Important Changes
1. The Commission has decided to reduce the Number of Questions from 200 to 100 in Tier-I of SSC CGL 2016 which would continue to carry 200 marks.
2. The duration of the Tier-I examination would be for a period of 75 minutes.
3. It has also been decided to conduct the Tier-I and Tier-II in computer based examination mode in place of OMR based examination mode.
4. Tier-I is scheduled to be held from 27th August, 2016.
5. There will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer in Tier-I. In respect of Tier-II, the negative marking system will remain unchanged.
6. In addition to above, the Commission has also decided to introduce a Descriptive Paper of English/Hindi as Tier-III.The Question Paper will be bilingual. The candidates will have the option to choose any one medium.
7. The final merit will be prepared on overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III. However, the candidate will need to qualify all the tiers i.e. Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III separately. There will be no sectional cut-off.
Accordingly, the revised scheme of examination is detailed below:-
Scheme of Examination for Tier -1 Exam
A. General Intelligence & Reasoning - 25 Questions - 50 Marks
B. General Awareness - 25 Questions - 50 Marks
C.Quantitative Aptitude - 25 Questions- 50 Marks
D.English Comprehension - 25 Questions- 50 Marks
Time: 75 Minutes (Total)
Scheme of Examination for Tier -2 Exam
Exam will be online and scheme will remain same as earlier.
Scheme of Examination for Tier -3 Exam
Pen and Paper mode - Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (writing of Essay/Precis/Letter /Application Writing etc.)
Total marks 100 - 60 minutes