Hi Aspirants, here is the Current Affairs Quiz for 8 March 2016. Trending topics for the day include International Women’s Day, “world’s longest” all-women-operated flight by Air India, Mahila E-HAAT etc. Attempt the quiz to check details of each topic.
1) International Women’s Day is celebrated on?
(A) 8 March
(B) 9 March
(C) 7 March
(D) 6 March
2) What is the theme of International Women’s Day 2016 observed on 8 March 2016?
(A) Empowering Women, Empowering Humanity: Picture it!
(B) Equality for Women is Progress for All
(C) A Promise is a Promise: Time for Action to End Violence Against Women
(D) Planet 50-50 by 2030: Step It Up for Gender Equality
3) Air India on 7 March 2016 flew the “world’s longest” all-women-operated flight from Delhi to which city?
(A) New York
(D) San Francisco
4) Which country has recently decided to partner with India’s smart city programme and will help developing Kochi (Kerala), Bhubaneswar (Odisha) and Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu) as smart cities?
5) Which women tennis player was on 8 March 2016 provisionally suspended after failing drugs test at Australian Open?
(A) Sania Mirza
(B) Martina Hingis
(C) Maria Sharapova
(D) Serena Williams
6) Who was recently conferred prestigious 2016 Mahindra Samriddhi India Agri Lifetime Achievement Award also known as the Krishi Shiromani Samman?
(A) Dr Amrita Patel
(B) Sobha Koshy
(C) Nalini Netto
(D) Shalini Nair
7) Union Government on 8 March 2016 launched an online marketing platform ____ to facilitate women entrepreneurs to sell their products to buyers?
(A) Mahila Sahay
(B) Mahila E-Market
(C) Mahila Jyoti
(D) Mahila E-HAAT
8) _____ on 6 March 2016 became the first financial entity in India to get Small Financial Bank Licence by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
(A) Disha Microfin
(B) Janalakshmi Financial Services
(C) Capital Local Area Bank
(D) Ujjivan Financial Services
9) Raymond Tomlinson who died on 7 March 2016 is the Internet pioneer and inventor of?
(A) Microsoft Office
10) Which country won the 2016 Asia Cup T20 trophy cricket tournament?
1) Ans. (A) 8 March
Note: International Women’s Day was first observed as a popular event after 1977 after the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) has proclaimed to observe March 8 as the UN Day for Women’s Rights and World Peace.
2) Ans. (D) Planet 50-50 by 2030: Step It Up for Gender Equality
3) Ans. (D) San Francisco
Note: The flight was operated as part of International Women’s Day celebrations and travelled a distance of around 14,500 kilometres in close to 17 hours. The non-stop flight to San Francisco took off on 6th March 2016 from New Delhi.
4) Ans. (B) Germany
5) Ans. (C) Maria Sharapova
6) Ans. (A) Dr Amrita Patel
7) Ans. (D) Mahila E-HAAT
8) Ans. (C) Capital Local Area Bank
9) Ans. (B) Gmail
10) Ans. (A) India
Note: In the final match played at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Mirpur Indian team overhauled the chasing target of 121 runs set by Bangladesh by seven balls to spare.
Check more Current Affairs Quiz March 2016