Hi Aspirants..Here is the daily Current Affairs updates for 19 January 2016 useful for all upcoming competitive examinations.
1) 25 Children selected for National Bravery Awards 2015:
--> 25 children, including three girls and 22 boys, have been selected for the National Bravery Awards for 2015.
--> The children will receive their awards from the Prime Minister on 24th of January and will participate in the Republic Day parade.
2) Sikkim becomes India’s first fully organic state:
--> Sikkim has formally become India’s first fully organic state after it successfully implemented organic farming practices on around 75,000 hectares of agricultural land.
--> Formal declaration in this regard was made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi after inaugurating the Sikkim Organic Festival 2016 in Gangtok, Sikkim.
3) France declares economic emergency:
--> French President Francois Hollande has declared a state of economic emergency to redefine France’s economic and social model.
--> Under the ambit emergency, government has proposed series of economic measures to boost long-stagnant economic growth and reduce chronic unemployment.
4) Guenter Butschek appointed as MD and CEO of Tata Motors Ltd:
--> Tata Motors Ltd’s long and expansive global search for a chief executive officer has ended with the appointment of Guenter Butschek as CEO and managing director.
--> Butschek, 55, will lead all operations of Tata Motors in India and in international markets, including South Korea, Thailand, Indonesia and South Africa, India’s largest automaker by revenue said.
--> Jaguar Land Rover, the company’s UK subsidiary, will continue to be managed by its CEO and director Ralf Speth, who is also on the board of Tata Motors.
5) World Bank to fund 20 million US dollar for reconstructing Indira Gandhi Zoological Park:
--> World Bank has recently decided to extend an assistance of 20 million US dollar to help reconstruct the Indira Gandhi Zoological Park (IGZP), which got devastated during cyclone Hudhud in October 2014, in Visakhapatnam.
--> It is the very first time in the history of the World Bank that it is directly involved in a zoo.
6) Ronnie O'Sullivan defeated Barry Hawkins to win sixth Snooker Masters title:
--> Ronnie O'Sullivan on 17 January 2016 won his sixth Snooker Masters title after defeating Barry Hawkins 10-1 in the final at the Alexandra Palace in London.
--> O'Sullivan had previously won the event in 1995, 2005, 2007, 2009 and 2014, equalling the record set by Stephen Hendry.
7) ReNew Power commissioned 40 MW wind project in Karnataka:
--> Clean energy firm ReNew Power Ventures on 18 January 2016 announced the commissioning of 40 megawatt wind power project in Karnataka.
8) India slips to 89th rank in global talent competitiveness:--> Reflecting an acute shortage of skilled labour force and difficult business conditions, India has slipped 11 places to rank 89th on a global index of talent competitiveness, a list which has been topped by Switzerland.
Also check Current Affairs Quiz January 2016