Hi Aspirants..Here is the Daily Current Affairs Updates for 18 January 2016.
1) India’s Dinesh Sharma elected to board of directors of AIIB:
--> India, one of the founding members of the AIIB, has been elected to the board of directors of the China-sponsored Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank which is expected to begin loan approvals before the end of this year.
--> Dinesh Sharma, Additional Secretary of Ministry of Finance has been elected to the 12-member board for which a secret ballot was held on 17 January 2016.
--> This will be the first board of directors for the new bank in which 57 members joined a founding members.
--> The AIIB was formally launched by President Xi Jinping at a special function on 15 January 2016.
2) Chinese scientists develop new bio-artificial liver:
--> Chinese scientists have developed a new bio-artificial liver that can help patients to survive from liver failure long enough for an organ transplant.
3) Former Sikkim Governor Ventrapragada Rama Rao passed away:
--> Former Sikkim Governor and senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Ventrapragada Rama Rao passed away in Hyderabad, Telangana following an illness.
--> Rama Rao was one of the founders of Jana Sangh (later became BJP) in Andhra Pradesh.
4) NITI Aayog collaborated with IDFC for Enterprise Survey of Manufacturing Firms:
--> National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog on 17 January 2016 announced that it collaborated with the IDFC Bank Ltd to conduct an enterprise survey of manufacturing firms.
--> NITI Aayog and IDFC Institute will jointly conduct a survey of manufacturing companies, including startups, across India as part of ease of doing business enabler.
5) Delhi Acers beat Mumbai Rockets to clinch maiden Premier Badminton League title:
--> Delhi Acers were crowned the PBL 2016 champions with a 4-3 victory over Mumbai Rockets.
--> Delhi Acers continued their hot streak and were crowned the PBL 2016 champions with a thrilling 4-3 victory over Mumbai Rockets in the star-studded final with Rajiv Ouseph winning the final match.
6) Kenya's Gideon Kipketer wins men's Mumbai Marathon:--> Kenyan pacemaker Gideon Kipketer won the men's race in an all-East African clean sweep of the podium by setting a new course record in the 13th Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon on 17 January 2016.
Also check Current Affairs Quiz January 2016