Hi Aspirtants..Here is the Current Affairs Quiz for 9 January 2016. Questions will be very useful for all upcoming exams including LIC AAO 2016, Railways RRB 2016, SSC/UPSC/IBPS and other Bank Exams. Attempt the quiz and share your score.
Questions for the day. Click the ‘START QUIZ’ button to start the quiz.
1) Who has been conferred with the Central Banker of the Year Award (Global and Asia Pacific) for year 2016 recently?
(A) Arun Jaitley
(B) Arundhati Bhattacharya
(C) Raghuram Rajan
(D) Chanda Kochhar
2) Who was on 8 January 2016 appointed as Chairman of Competition Commission of India (CCI)?
(A) Devender Kumar Sikri
(B) Sam Pitroda
(C) Ashok Chawla
3) Union Government on 7 January 2016 has decided to merge Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA) with which ministry?
(A) Ministry of Home Affairs
(B) Ministry of External Affairs
(C) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
(D) Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs
4) India and France have started their eight-day counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency bilateral military exercise named Shakti-2016 in which state?
(B) Andhra Pradesh
5) Which bank has recently partnered with FINO PayTech to foray into the payments bank space?
(A) Syndicate Bank
(B) ICICI Bank
(D) Canara Bank
6) Which company on 7 January 2016 announced acquisition of the property search website Commonfloor.com for an undisclosed amount in a majority stock-swap transaction?
(D) 90 acres
7) Who was on 7 January 2016 was appointed as the Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India?
(B) Vivek Krishna
(C) Meenakshi Singh
(D) None of these
8) Union Government on 8 January 2016 allowed the conduct of the traditional bull-taming sports, Jallikattu in which state?
(B) Tamil Nadu
9) Amitabh Kant was on 7 January 2016 appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of?
(B) Lok Sabha
(C) NITI Aayog
(D) Air India
10) Union Government recently decided to implement the Bharat Stage (BS) VI emission norms from?
(A) 1 April 2016
(B) 1 April 2020
(C) 1 April 2018(D) 1 April 2019
Attempt Quiz to check the right answers.
Check our Previous Current Affairs Quiz January 2016