Hi Aspirants..Here is the Current Affairs Quiz for 2 January 2016. Trending topics for the day include LPG emergency helpline number 1906, 'Cricketer of the Year' award, Sangita Kalanidhi award, pre-dawn strike at the Air Force base in Pathankot etc. Please study the questions & attempt the quiz given at the bottom.
1) Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on 1 January 2016 launched the LPG emergency helpline number ____ for the cooking gas consumers across the country?
2) Which player has been selected for 'Cricketer of the Year' award 2015 by BCCI?
(A) Ravichandran Ashwin
(B) Ravindra Jadeja
(C) Virat Kohli
(D) Shikhar Dhawan
3) Union Government has recently constituted a committee to examine the wage structure, service conditions of the Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) in the Department of Posts (DoP). The one member committee will be headed by?
(A) Padmini Gopinath
(B) Kamlesh Chandra
(C) Radhika Doraisamy
(D) Kavery Banerjee
4) Who was conferred with the 2015 Sangita Kalanidhi award on 1 January 2016?
(A) Sanjay Subrahmanyam
(B) Shyam Benegal
(C) Ustad Amjad Ali Khan
5) Heavily-armed Pakistani terrorists on 2 January 2016 carried out a pre-dawn strike at the Air Force base in Pathankot in which state?
Check our Previous Current Affairs Quiz 2015
6) A B Bardhan who died on 2 January 2016 was a veteran leader of which political party?
(B) Indian National Congress
(C) Communist Party of India (CPI)
(D) Communist Party of India (Marxist) - CPM
7) Atul Sobti on 1 January 2016 assumed charge as chairman and managing director (CMD) of?
(A) Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL)
(B) Indian Oil Corporation (IOC)
(C) National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC)
(D) Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
8) National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) on 1 January 2016 signed a MoU with which bank for web-based monitoring of watershed management projects?
9) L M Kahute was on 1 January 2016 appointed as the DGP of?
(D) Uttar Pradesh
10) Which state police entered Limca Book of Records on 2 January 2016 for solving India's biggest cash heist case?
(A) Kerala Police
(B) Delhi Police
(C) Karnataka Police
(D) Punjab Police
1) Ans. (B) 1906
2) Ans. (C) Virat Kohli
3) Ans. (B) Kamlesh Chandra
4) Ans. (A) Sanjay Subrahmanyam
5) Ans. (D) Punjab
6) Ans. (C) Communist Party of India (CPI)
7) Ans. (A) Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL)
8) Ans. (C) NABARD
9) Ans. (A) Manipur
10) Ans. (B) Delhi Police
Studied??? Now itz time to revise these questions based on your memory
Questions for the day. Click the ‘START QUIZ’ button to start the quiz.