Hi Aspirtants..Here is the Current Affairs Quiz for 10 January 2016. Trending topics for the day include Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis, Dr Urjit Patel appointment as Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI), New Delhi World Book Fair etc. Attempt the quiz & share your score.
Questions for the day. Click the ‘START QUIZ’ button to start the quiz.
1) Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis on 9 January 2016 have won the 2016 WTA Brisbane International Tennis trophy in the women’s doubles category. Martina Hingis belongs to which country?
2) Governor’s rule has been imposed in the state of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) on 10 January 2016 as the process of formation new government following the death of Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed is taking some time. Name the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K)?
(A) Najeeb Jung
(B) NN Vohra
(C) Vidyasagar Rao
(D) O P Kohli
3) Union Government on 9 January 2016 has reappointed ____ as Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for a second three-year term?
(A) R. Khan
(B) R. Gandhi
(C) Dr Urjit Patel
(D) S.S. Mundra
4) 24th edition of New Delhi World Book Fair began at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi on 9 January 2016 with the theme?
(A) Indigenous Voices: Mapping India's Folk & Tribal Literature
(B) Kathasagara: Celebrating Children's Literature
(C) Suryodaya: Emerging voices from North East India
(D) Vivid Bharat - Diverse India
5) Book titled "‘Azad Bachpan Ki Or" released on 8 January 2016 is authored by?
(A) Kailash Satyarthi
(B) Smriti Irani
(C) Shashi Tharoor
(D) Chetan Bhagath
6) Joint exercise between Indian and ____ Coast Guard named Sahyog-Kaijin-XV is scheduled to be held in the Bay of Bengal off Chennai on 15 January 2016?
7) Which country code domain ‘.cn’ has become the world’s most commonly used in the internet with 16.36 million users, surpassing Germany’s ‘.de’ domain?
(B) Chechen Republic
8) Name the operation carried out by Army to flush out six terrorist at Pathankot airbase recently?
(A) Operation Allout
(B) Operation Bhaag
(C) Operation Freeze
(D) Operation Dhangu
9) World’s first slum museum will be set up in which of the following cities?
(D) New Delhi
10) Soldiers of which of the following country will parade along with Indian troops on Rajpath during Republic Day celebration on 26 January 2016?
(B) Sri Lanka
(C) France(D) Russia
Attempt Quiz to check the right answers.
Check our Previous Current Affairs Quiz January 2016