Hi Aspirants..Here is the Current Affairs Quiz 5 January 2016. Hot topics for the day include Pranav Dhanawade, Radha Krishna Mathur as CIC, Abid Ali Neemuchwala of Wipro, India-Nepal Bus Service, British writer Kate Atkinson, V.V.S. Laxman’s masterly innings of 281 against Australia etc. Our online Current Affairs include descriptions with answers and pictures to make learning fun. Attempt the quiz & share your reviews.
Questions for the day. Click the ‘START QUIZ’ button to start the quiz.
1) Pranav Dhanawade from which state created history on 5 January 2016 when he became the first batsmen in to score more than 1,000 runs in an innings in school cricket?
(B) Jammu and Kashmir
2) Who on 4 January 2016 sworn in as the eighth Chief Information Commissioner of India?
(A) Basath Seth
(B) Vijai Sharma
(C) Manjula Prasher
(D) Radha Krishna Mathur
3) Abid Ali Neemuchwala was on 5 January 2016 appointed as the Chief Executive Officer by which IT giant?
4) India-Nepal Bus Service on 4 January 2016 resumed after a gap of ____ years?
(A) 27 years
(B) 21 years
(C) 5 years
(D) 9 years
5) Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 4 January 2016 imposed monetary penalty of one crore rupees on which bank for violation of its instructions?
(A) State Bank of Travancore
(B) State Bank of India
(C) Syndicate Bank
6) British writer Kate Atkinson on 4 January 2016 won the novel-of-the-year prize at Britain's Costa Book Awards 2015 for her book?
(A) Life After Life
(B) Case Histories
(C) A God in Ruins
(D) One Good Turn
7) Former Chief Justice of India S H Kapadia died on 4 January 2016 in Mumbai. He was the ____th Chief Justice of India from 12 May 2010 to 29 September 2012?
8) Mary Barra was on 4 January 2016 elected as Chairman of Board of Directors of which automobile company?
(C) General Motors
9) V.V.S. Laxman’s masterly innings of 281 against Australia at which ground was recently rated as the greatest Test performance of the last 50 years?
(A) Eden Gardens, Kolkata
(C) Firozshah Kotla, Delhi
(C) Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru
(D) M.A.Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
10) State Election Commission of which state on 4 January 2016 announced that toilets will be mandatory requirement for eligibility to contest panchayat elections?
(C) Rajasthan(D) Haryana
Attempt Quiz to check the right answers.
Check our Previous Current Affairs Quiz January 2016