Friends..Here are the solved GK Questions of SSC CHSL Exam held on 15 November 2015 (Morning Shift)- Part 2. Answers are highlighted.
1) Who was Akbar's guardian?
(A) Bairam Khan (B) Amir Khusru (C) Abul Fazal (D) Tansen
2) Life originated by chemosynthesis was proved in the laboratory by:
(A) Aristotle (B) Sanger (C) Pasteur (D) Miller
3) Which amendment of the constitution lowered the voting age from 21 years to 18 years?
(A) 63rd Amendment (B) 64th Amendment (C) 60th Amendment (D) 61st Amendment
4) J. B. Say's Law of Market was not accepted by:
(A) David Ricardo (B) Adam Smith (C) Marshall (D) Malthus
5) Richter Scale is used for measuring:
(A) Humidity of air (B) Velocity of wind (C) Density of liquid (D) Intensity of earthquake
6) The capital of Rawanda is:
(A) Copenhagen (B) Libreville (C) Bogota (D) Kigali
7) What is the name of Research Station established by Indian Govt. for conducting research at Antarctic?
(A) Dakshin Gangotri (B) Yamunotri (C) Uttari Gangotri (D) None of the above
8) Which bank is limited to the needs of agriculture and rural finance?
(A) NABARD (B) RBI (C) SBI (D) IFC
9) Damping off of seedlings is caused by:
(A) Pythium debaryanum (B) Peronospola parasitica (C) Albugo candida (D) Phytophthora infestans
10) Soap helps in better cleaning of clothes because:
(A) It absorbs the dirt (B) Soap acts like catalyst (C) It reduces the surface tension of solution (D) It gives strength to solution
11) Which of the following is commonly used in preparing custard powder?
(A) rice (B) raagi (C) wheat (D) maize
12) The National Emblem of Italy is:
(A) Lily (B) Eagle (C) White Eagle (D) White Lily
13) The slogan 'Garibi Hatao' was included in the:
(A) Fourth plan (B) Second plan (C) First plan (D) Fifth plan
14) Excretion in Hemichordates takes place by:
(A) Metanephron (B) Glomerulus (C) Pronephron (D) Mesonephron
15) Which of the following monuments is the oldest?
(A) Taj Mahal (B) Qutab Minar (C) Khajuraho (D) Ajanta Caves
16) The Name of the Laccadive, Minicoy and Amindivi Islands was changed, to Lakshadweep by an act of parliament in:
(A) 1972 (B) 1973 (C) 1970 (D) 1971
17) The phenomenon which causes mirage is:
(A) Total internal reflection (B) Interference (C) Diffraction (D) Polarisation
18) To conserve coral reefs the Govt. of India declared one of the following as Marine Park:
(A) Gulf of Mannar (B) Andaman Islands (C) Gulf of Kutch (D) Lakshadweep Islands
19) The use of heat treatment of ore that includes smelting and roasting is termed as :
(A) Cryometallurgy (B) Electrometallurgy (C) Hydrometallurgy (D) Pyrometallurgy
20) Who invented the battery?
(A) Maxwell (B) Roentgen (C) Volta (D) Faraday
Click Here to view Part-2 of Solved Questions.
Click Here to view Part-1 of Solved Questions.