Friends..Here are the solved GK Questions of Evening Shift SSC CHSL Exam held on 15 November 2015. Answers are highlighted.
1) When was the League of Nations established?
(A) In 1939 (8) In 1914 (C) In 1918 (D) In 1920
2) The headquarters of the Survey of India Dept. (department) is located at:
(A) Hyderabad (B) New Delhi (C) Jaipur (D) Dehradun
3) Kathakali is a dance prevalent in which state?
(A) Tamil Nadu (B) Orissa (C) Kerala (D) Andhra Pradesh
4) Todar Mal, the brilliant revenue officer served under:
(A) Humayun (B) Baz Bahadur (C) Sher Shah (D) Bhagwan Das
5) Where did the Black-Hole tragedy took place?
(A) Murshidabad (B) Dacca (C) Monghyr (D) Calcutta
6) The Simplest CPU - scheduling algorithm is:
(A) Multilevel scheduling algorithm (B) FCFS Scheduling algorithm (C) SJF Scheduling algorithm (D) Round - robin scheduling algorithm
7) Iron filings can be separated from a heterogenous mixture using the technique of
(A) Sedimentation (B) Evaporation (C) Sublimation (D) Magnetization
8) The first Bio-sphere Reserve in India has been established in :
(A) Nanda devi (B) Hazaribagh (C) Kanha (D) Nilgiri
9) The largest reservoir of fresh water is :
(A) Ponds (13) Lakes (C) Glaciers (D) Ground Water
10) India born Vijai Sheshadri won the prestigious '2014 Pulitzer Prize in which of the following categories?
(A) Drama (13) Journalism (C) Music (D) Poetry
11) What is Kyoto Protocol ?
(A) It is an agreement among countries to start using nuclear energy (B) It is an agreement among countries to take steps for reducing global warming (C) It is an agreement among countries to take steps for reducing acid rain (D) It is an agreement among countries to take steps for planting trees to control pollution
12) Arundhati Roy is the author of
(A) The Tin Drum (B) My Childhood Days (C) God of Small Things (D) Disgrace
13) Earth day is celebrated on
(A) September 17 (B) February 16 (C) April 4 (D) April 22
14) Which of the following rivers originates from Trans Himalayas ?
(A) Saraswathi (B) Ganga (C) Yamuna (D) Sindu
15) The time element in price analysis was introduced by :
(A) J.S. Mill (B) J.R. Hicks (C) J.M. Keynes (D) Alfred Marshall
16) Mixed Economy means
(A) Co - existence of rich and poor (13) Co - existence of small and large Industries (C) Promoting both agriculture and Industries in the economy (D) Co -existence of public and private sectors
17) A demand curve will not shift
(A) When there is a change in advertisement expenditure (B) When only price of the commodity changes (C) When only income changes (D) When only prices of substitute products change
18) The amount of matter in a ball of steel is its
(A) Density (B) Volume (C) Weight (D) Mass
19) Dr. P. Rama Rao Committee is related to which of the following?
(A) Industry (B) Agriculture (C) Taxes (D) Defence
20) Rand is the currency of:
(A) Romania (B) Norway (C) Namibia (D) IranAns. No Answer
Click Here to view Part-1 of Solved Questions.
Click Here to view Part-2 of Solved Questions.