Friends..Here is the Current Affairs for the Second week of October 2015 (5 October 2015 to 11 October 2015) in PDF Download format. Download the Current Affairs as PDF in your mobile, tab or desktop and read & revise wherever you go.
1) Who won the Nobel Peace Prize 2015? - Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet
Note: It was awarded for its decisive contribution to the building of a pluralistic democracy in Tunisia in the wake of Jasmine revolution of 2011. The Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet comprised four key organizations in Tunisian civil society. These are: The Tunisian General Labour Union, The Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade and Handicrafts, The Tunisian Human Rights League, The Tunisian Order of Lawyers.
2) Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman was on 8 October 2015 named as the Cultural Ambassador of which country? – Seychelles
3) Which bank on 8 October 2015 launched a mobile payment service based on mVisa? - ICICI Bank
Note: The service enables customers to make electronic payments from their smartphones at traditional stores, e-commerce sites, deliveries made at home, radio taxi and utility bills among others.
4) Who were on 7 October 2015 jointly awarded with the 2015 Nobel Prize in Chemistry? - Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich and Aziz Sancar
Note: They were awarded for having mapped how cells repair damaged DNA and safeguard the genetic information at a molecular level.
5) Who were on 5 October 2015 awarded Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine? - William C Campbell (Ireland) and Satoshi Omura (Japan) and Youyou Tu (China)
Note: William C Campbell (Ireland) and Satoshi Omura (Japan) was awarded for their discoveries concerning a novel therapy against infections caused by roundworm parasites and the other half to Youyou Tu (China) for her discoveries concerning a novel therapy against Malaria.
6) Who was on 4 October 2015 was elected President of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)? -Shashank Manohar
Note: He was elected unopposed during a special general meeting called by the BCCI following the demise of Jagmohan Dalmiya.
7) Who was on 8 October 2015 awarded with the 2015 Nobel Prize in Literature? - Svetlana Alexievich
Note: Svetlana Alexandrovna Alexievich is a Belarusian investigative journalist and non-fiction prose writer, writing in Russian.
8) Who was recently elected as the Head of Inter-governmental Panel for Climate Change? - Hoesung Lee
Note: He succeeded RK Pachauri of India, who stepped down in February 2015 after a female researcher accused him of sexual harassment.
9) Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 7 October 2015 approved implementation of the World Bank assisted National Watershed Management Project named? – Neeranchal
10) Name the German Chancellor who visited India between 4 October and 6 October 2015? - Angela Merkel
11) Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) Conference 2016 will be held at ___ from 8 January to 10 January 2016? - New Delhi
12) Indian Navy on 6 October 2015 commissioned the first indigenously-designed and built torpedo launch and recovery vessel ___? - INS Astradharani
13) Union Government on 5 October 2015 launched second phase of the immunisation programme, Mission Indradhanush, focusing on ___ districts? – 352
14) Name the renowned music director and lyricist who died on 9 October 2015 following a multiple-organ failure in Mumbai? - Ravindra Jain
Note: His famous songs are Geet Gaata Chal, Chor Machaye Shor, Chitchor, Nadiya ke Paar, Ram Teri Ganga Maili, Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se, Do Jasoos and Henna.
15) Who was on 8 October 2015 chosen for the 2015 Hridaynath Mangeskar Award? - A R Rehman
16) South Africa on 8 October 2015 won the three-match T-20 International series against India 2-0. Who was named Player of the series? - JP Duminy
17) Air Force Day 2015 was recently observed on? - 8 October 2015
18) Who was on 5 October 2015 appointed as permanent CEO of Twitter? - Jack Dorsey
19) Name the noted Telugu film producer who died of the old-age-related illness on 4 October 2015? - Edida Nageswara Rao
20) Who was on 9 October 2015 appointed to the Board of capital market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)? - Tapan Ray
Note: Tapan Ray succeeded Anjuly Chib Duggal on the SEBI board.
21) World Egg Day was recently observed on? - 9 October 2015
Also Check Current Affairs Quiz- October 2015
22) World Sight Day (WSD) was observed on 8 October 2015 with theme? - Eye care for all
23) World Post Day was observed globally on 9 October 2015 with the theme? - Posts claim their place in the changing communication landscape.
Note: The day is observed annually on the anniversary of the establishment of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) in 1874 in the Swiss Capital, Bern.
24) Which team on 4 October 2015 won the Women’s European Volleyball Championship title? – Russia
25) Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 7 October 2015 approved the setting up of three new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AllMS) under which scheme? - Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojna (PMSSY)
26) Who recently resigned as CEO of iGate Corporation? - Ashok Vemuri
27) Union Cabinet on 7 October 2015 approved the construction of National War Memorial and a National War Museum at? - New Delhi
28) Who were on 6 October 2015 jointly awarded the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physics for their discovery of neutrino oscillations? - Japan's Takaaki Kajita and American Arthur B. McDonald
29) Name the renowned Carnatic flautist who died on 9 October 2015? - Natesan Ramani
30) British researchers on 2 October 2015 developed a new mobile app named ASCmeI.T that will help people with which disease? – Autism
31) Who was on 10 October 2015 appointed as the chairman of Atomic Energy Commission (AEC)? - Sekhar Basu
Note: By virtue of this position, he will also occupy the office of secretary, Department of Atomic Energy (DAE).
32) Which organization on 6 October 2015 released the Global Financial Stability Report October 2015? - International Monetary Fund (IMF)
33) Union Cabinet on 7 October 2015 approved the payments of Productivity-Linked Bonus (PLB) equivalent to ___ days’ wages for railway employees for the financial year 2014-2015? - 78 wages
34) Which organization on 6 October 2015 released World Economic Outlook (WEO) October 2015? - International Monetary Fund (IMF)
35) Name the Indian Cyclist who recently became first-ever Indian to win five medals at Taiwan Cup? - Deborah Herold
36) Who were on 6 October 2015 awarded with the 2015 PEN Pinter Prize? - Saudi blogger and activist Raif Badawi and British poet and critic James Fenton
37) Which state government on 9 October 2015 launched the Operation Valsalya project to trace, rescue and reunite the missing children with their family? – Kerala
38) Which state government on 9 October 2015 launched e-Pragati project? - Andhra Pradesh
39) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) on 3 October 2015 inaugurated an Extreme Altitude Research Centre at? - Chang La, Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir
40) India’s e-commerce giant, Flipkart, on 4 October 2015 appointed ____ as the new Chief Finance Officer (CFO)? - Sriram Venkataraman
41) World Habitat Day was on 5 October 2015 observed across the world with the theme? - Public Spaces for All
42) Who won the 2015 FIDE World Chess Cup? - Sergey Karjakin
43) Which country won 2015 FIBA Asian Basketball Championship? – China
44) Sania Mirza and ____ on 3 October 2015 won the women's doubles title of Wuhan Tennis Open? - Martina Hingis
45) National Anti-Drug Addiction Day was observed on? - 2 October 2015