Friends..Here is the Current Affairs Updates for 30 September 2015. This Current Affairs will be useful for all upcoming exams.
You can also download this as a PDF via the link at the end of this post.
- PM returns home after
successful two nation tour: --> Prime Minister Narendra Modi returned home on 29 Sept. 2015 night after concluding his week-long two-nation tour of Ireland and the US.--> In a tweet, the Prime Minister said his visit has created several successful outcomes & opportunities for India.--> PM Modi's week long visit to Ireland and the US not only saw India enhancing its relations with Ireland and strategic partnership with the United States of America..but also giving a big boost to the mission to seek more foreign investments and connecting the country via the internet.
- Gurpreet Singh wins silver medal at 2015 Asian Air Gun Championship:--> India’s ace shooter Gurpreet Singh has won silver medal at 2015 Asian Air Gun Championship held in New Delhi.--> In the finals of 10 metre Air Pistol event, Gurpreet shot a tally of 197.6 to stand second on the podium.--> India’s Jitu Rai finished at third position wining bronze medal in this event.
- M.R. Poovamma and Babita Kumari conferred Arjuna Award 2015:--> M.R. Poovamma and Babita Kumari have been conferred with prestigious Arjuna Award 2015 for their individual achievements in sports.--> The award was presented to them by Union Minister of State (MoS) for Youth affairs and Sports Sarbananda Sonowal in New Delhi.
- INS Kochi, largest India-made warship, commissioned:--> Naval warship INS Kochi, the largest-ever warship to be built in India, was commissioned by defence minister Manohar Parrikar at the Naval Dockyard in Mumbai.--> "Jahi Shatrun Mahabaho" loosely means "Armed to conquer the enemy" in Sanskrit.--> It's an apt motto for guided-missile destroyer INS Kochi, packed with weapons and sensors as well as advanced stealth features.--> The first of this class, INS Kolkata, was commissioned in August last year, while the third INS Chennai will be inducted towards end-2016.
- HSBC's Naina Lal Kidwai to Retire on December 31:--> After a 13 year stint with the British lender, HSBC India head Naina Lal Kidwai will retire by the end of this year, the bank said.--> Ms Kidwai, who had joined the bank from Morgan Stanley, has been working as the chairman of HSBC India and executive director on the board of HSBC Asia-Pacific.--> She took over as chief executive of HSBC India in 2007 and as chairman of HSBC India in 2009.
- India up 16 places to 55th on global competitiveness index:--> India has moved up 16 positions to rank 55th on a global index of the world's most competitive economies, where Switzerland remains on top.--> Globally, Switzerland has retained its top position as the world's most competitive economy for seventh year in a row and is followed by Singapore, the US, Germany and the Netherlands in the top-five.
- World Heart Day observed on 29th September 2015:--> World Heart Day observed in all over the World on 29th September 2015 under the theme ‘creating heart health environments’.--> The day was founded in the year 2000.
- 2006 Mumbai Train Blasts: Death sentence to 5 convicts:--> MCOCA court in Mumbai awarded capital punishment to five of the 12 convicts involved in the 2006 Mumbai train blasts.