Hi friends.. Here are the Important Current Affairs Updates for 28 September 2015. You can download today’s (28 September 2015) Current Affairs and GK Updates as PDF from the below link.
- PSLV successfully
launches ASTROSAT, six other satellites:--> Isro on 28 September 2015 successfully launched India's first astronomy satellite Astrosat, eleven years after the government cleared the project.--> Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C30) carrying Astrosat and six other satellites lifted off from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota at 10am.--> PSLV-C30 injected Astrosat and other satellites -- four US nano satellites, a microsatellite from Indonesia a nanosatellite from Canada - into their respective orbits. --> This is the first time India is launching a US satellite.
--> Astrosat, which had a lift-off mass of 1,513kg, will now embark on a five-year astronomy mission studying distant celestial objects.
- Sania and Hingis won 2015 Guangzhou Open women’s doubles title:--> Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis have won women’s doubles title of 2015 Guangzhou Open Tennis Tournament.--> They defeated Chisese pair of Shilin Xu and Xiaodi You by 6-3, 6-1 score.--> It was overall seventh title of Sania Mirza in the 2015 season and sixth title with Martina Hingis.
- Union Government constitute expert committee to revive UPSC civil services exam pattern:--> Union Government has constituted an expert committee to examine various issues related to UPSC civil services examination to select IAS and IPS officers.--> The committee panel would be headed by the former IAS officer from Chhattisgarh cadre B.S. Baswan and shall consist of leading academicians, technocrats and senior bureaucrats.
- Dr. Jacob Tsimerman won 2015 SASTRA Ramanujan Prize:--> Dr. Jacob Tsimerman from Canada has been chosen for the prestigious 2015 SASTRA Ramanujan Prize.--> He is an assistant professor at the University of Toronto, Canada and his mathematics research work is primarily in the field of Number Theory and surrounding topics.--> The award has been named after great Indian Mathematician autodidact Srinivasa Ramanujan.
- FMC merges with SEBI:--> Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on 28 September 2015 formalised the first ever merger of two regulators, over 60-year-old commodities regulatory body FMC and the younger but much bigger capital markets watchdog SEBI.--> The merger creates a unified regulatory body.--> SEBI Chairman U K Sinha has said that the commodities market entities would get a time frame of up to one year to adjust to the new regulations.--> Whole-time member Rajeev Kumar Agarwal will oversee commodities market regulation in merged entity.
- Nation celebrated birthday of Shaheed Bhagat Singh:--> Nation celebrated the birthday of Shaheed Bhagat Singh, the man who sacrificed his life for India's freedom at the age of 23.--> Prime Minister Narendra Modi remembered freedom fighter Bhagat Singh on his birth anniversary during his address to the Indian diaspora at San Jose in California.--> Born in a Punjabi Sikh family in 1907 at Banga, Bhagat Singh was among the prominent revolutionaries who shaped the base of a grand national movement.
- Lata Mangeshkar turns 86:--> One of the most respected playback singer Lata Mangeshkar turned 86 on 28 September 2015.--> The melody queen, Lata Mangeshkar has a popularity and influence that transcends various regions and languages.