16 . Match the following:
A. Ascorbic l. Photosynthetic acid pigment
B. Chlorophyll 2. Quencher
C. Carotenoid 3. Enzyme
D. Superoxide 4. Vitamin-C dismutase
A B C D
(A) 4 2 l 3
(B) 2 4 1 3
(C) 4 1 3 2
(D) 4 l 2 3
17. The South-East trade winds are attracted towards the Indian sub- continent in the rainy season due to
(A) the effect of easterlies
(B) the effect of Northern-East trade winds
(C) the presence of low atmospheric pressure over N orth-West India
(D) the development of cyclone over the equator
18. The ‘graded profile’ of a river course is a
(A) smooth curve in the upper course.
(B) smooth curve in the middle course.
(C) smooth curve in the lower course.
(D) smooth curve from source to mouth.
19. Sink hole is a phenomenon of topography.
(A) Desert (B) Tundra
(C) Karst (D) Plain I
20. Kerala is famous for the cultivation of
1. Coconut 2. Black-pepper 3. Rubber 4. Rice
(A) 1,2and4 (B) 2,3and4
(C) 1and4 (D) 1,2and3
21. It is easy to burst a gas-filled balloon with a needle than with a nail. It is because
(A) nail exerts more pressure than needle on the balloon.
(B) needle exerts more pressure than nail on the balloon.
(C) gas is reactive with the needle.
(D) nail is more longer than needle.
22. The velocity of sound in moist air is more than in dry air because the moist air has
(A) less pressure than dry air.
(B) more pressure than dry air.
(C) more density than dry air.
(D) less density than dry air.
23. X-rays can be used
(A) to detect heart diseases.
(B) to detect defects in precious stones and diamonds.
(C) to detect gold under the earth.
(D) for cutting and welding of metals.
24. Ice is packed in saw dust because
(A) saw dust is poor conductor of heat.
(B) saw dust is a good conductor of heat.
(C) saw dust does not stick to the ice.
(D) saw dust will not get melted easily.
25. What is used to identify whether a data word has an odd or even number of 1’s
(A) Sign bit (B) Zero bit
(C) Parity bit (D) Carry bit
26. Allantois of Embryo helps in
(A) respiration (B) excretion
(C) protection (D) digestion
27. Which one of the following animals belongs to mollusca
(A) Hare (B) Hydra
(C) Hyla (D) Haliotis
28. Outside the nucleus DNA is found in
(C) Endoplasmic reticulum
(D) Golgi bodies
29. Animal protein is called first class protein because it is
(A) delicious in taste
(B) cheaper in the market
(C) rich in essential amino acids
(D) easily digestible
30. Hydrogen‘ peroxide is an effective sterilizing agent. Which one of the following product results when it readily loses active oxygen?
(C) Ozone(D) Nasant Hydrogen. Answer Key highlighted.
SSC CGL Tier -1 2015 Complete Answer Key PDF (New!!!)