Hi friends.. In this post we bring you the Important Current Affairs events for the month of August 2015 in a PDF capsule format. August/September 2015 are filled with many competitive exams being conducted by SSC, UPSC, IBPS and other PSC etc.
Our Current Affairs PDF Capsules are always liked by thousands of aspirants. We at Currentaffairs4examz prepare the capsule keeping in mind these exams. You can download the PDF capsule from the below link. You can download the PDF in your Desktop/Laptop/Tab/Mobiles and read wherever you go. If you like the PDF share it with your friends too. Your suggestions are welcome for further improvement.
We will be posting Current Affairs Week wise in this post. For the moment we updated First Week PDF. Remaining weeks PDF will be added soon & we are working on it.
Also Try our Current Affairs Quiz series to brush up your preparation.
Aug 2015 First Week Current Affairs
1) Global satellite called GlobalSat for DRR was in news in the first week of August 2015 as it was proposed to be named after? - Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
2) Name the Indo-UK bilateral Air Exercise which concluded on 30 July 2015? – Indradhanush
3) Who was on 3 August 2015 appointed as Acting Chief Justice of Patna High Court? - Justice Iqbal Ahmed Ansari
4) Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) on 2 August 2015 lifted the 5-year ban on Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan on entering which stadium? - Wankhede Stadium
5) Name the Indian gymnast who on 3 August 2015 clinched the women's vault bronze medal at the 6th Senior ART Gymnastics Asian Championships at Hiroshima, Japan? - Dipa Karmakar
6) Union Government on 31 July 2015 decided declared which day as National Handloom Day every year beginning from year 2015? - 7th August
7) Bharti Airtel on 6 August 2015 launched pan-India 4G high-speed data services in how many towns across India? – 296
8) Which state recently launched scheme named Thari Pension Thare Pass? – Haryana
9) Who was on 7 August 2015 appointed as the chairperson of Accenture India? - Rekha M Menon
10) Forbes on 4 August 2015 released the list of 2015 World's Highest-Paid Actors. Who topped the list? - Robert Downey Jr
11) Who won the women’s squash title in the 15000 US Dollar Victorian Open WSA Event in Melbourne, Australia on 2 August 2015? - Joshna Chinappa
12) Who was on 3 August 2015 appointed as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Mercedes-Benz India with effect from 1 October 2015? - Roland S Folger
13) Which state government on 31 July 2015 instituted a youth award in the name of former President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam? - Tamil Nadu
14) Who was on 5 August 2015 awarded with Poland's Solidarity Prize 2015? - Zhanna Nemtsova
15) Who was on 6 August 2015 appointed as the United States (US) Ambassador to Sri Lanka and Maldives? - Atul Keshap
16) Who was on 3 August 2015 chosen for the Uttar Pradesh's highest literary award Bharat Bharti for the year 2014? - Hindi litterateur Kashinath Singh
17) Multi Application Solar Telescope (MAST), a telescope for the detailed study of the solar activity including its magnetic field, was recently operationalised at? - Udaipur Solar Observatory (USO) of Physical Research Laboratory (PRL)
18) 1974 Land Border Agreement between India and which country came into effect at midnight on 31 July 2015? - Bangladesh