Friends..Here is the Free Current Affairs 2015 PDF Download for July Second Week. Here we have collected all the important happenings for the week (12 July 2015 to 18 July 2015) for Banking Section, National, and International, Sports, Awards, Achievements and other categories. Hope you have read the Current Affairs PDF of First Week. In case you missed Read Current Affairs July 2015 First Week PDF.
1) Who won men’s singles title of Wimbledon 2015? - Novak Djokovic
Note: In the final clash played in London, Serbian Djokovic defeated Roger Federer of Switzerland 7-6, 6-7, 6-4, 6-3. Read Moreà http://goo.gl/vk1FTZ
2) Who won Wimbledon Women's Single title 2015? - Serena Williams
Note: In the final clash played at Centre Court, London, Williams (US) defeated Garbine Muguruza (Spain) in straight sets 6-4, 6-4. Read Moreà http://goo.gl/Yg6zga
3) Which T20 cup was on 15 July 2015 scrapped due to limited public following? - Champions League Twenty20 (CLT20)
4) Name the space probe of NASA which on 14 July 2015 made closest approach to Pluto? - New Horizons
Note: It was launched on 19 January 2006 as part of NASA's New Frontiers program.
5) Name the two Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise suspended by Justice RM Lodha-headed panel for IPL Betting Scandal 2013 on 14 July 2015? - Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Rajasthan Royals (RR)
Note: They were suspended for two years.
6) Name the top-seeded Indo-Swiss pair which on 11 July 2015 won women’s doubles title at Wimbledon 2015? - Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis
Note: They defeated Russian duo of Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina 5-7, 7-6, 7-5.
7) Leander Paes and along with whom on 12 July 2015 won mixed doubles title at Wimbledon 2015? - Martina Hingis
Note: They defeated the fifth seed Austrian-Hungarian team of Alexander Peya and Timea Babos 6-1, 6-1.
8) Who was on 13 July 2014 appointed as the Vice-Chief of the Indian Army? - Lieutenant General Man Mohan Singh Rai
9) Name the modern Indian artist who was on 14 July 2015 conferred with the highest French civilian honour, the Commandeur de la Legion d’ Honneur (the Legion of Honour)? - Sayed Haider Raza
10) Name the indigenously built Torpedo launch and recovery vessel (TLRV), which was on 16 July 2015 decommissioned after its 31 years service to the nation? - INS Astravahini
Note: The vessel had immensely contributed in the trials of indigenous torpedoes developed by Naval Science and Technological Laboratory (NSTL).
11) Who was on 17 July 2015 appointed as Interim Director of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII)? - Prashant Pathrabe
Note: Pathrabe succeeded incumbent Director DJ Narain who superannuated the office on 4 July 2015.
12) Indigenously developed helicopter-launched Nag (HeliNa) missile was on 12 July 2015 test fired at the Chandhan firing range in? - Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
13) Name the Indo-Vietnamese pair which on 12 July 2015 won the 2015 Wimbledon Boys’ Doubles title? - Sumit Nagal-Nam Hoang Ly
Note: With this win, the 17-year- old Sumit Nagal became the sixth Indian to win a Grand Slam junior title.
14) Vyapam scam in which state was in news in July 2015 as Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on 12 July 2015 constituted a special team of 40 officers to probe the multi-crore Vyapam scam? - Madhya Pradesh
15) World Youth Skills Day was observed globally on? - 15 July 2015
Note: The day was observed under the theme Youth skills for work and life in the post-2015 agenda.
16) Union Minister of Civil Aviation P Ashok Gajapathi Raju on 13 July 2015 formally launched the GAGAN system. Expand GAGAN? - GPS AIDED GEO AUGMENTED NAVIGATION
17) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 13 July 2015 returned to India after his six-nation tour of? - Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan.
18) Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 16 July 2015 permitted ____ with Core Banking Solution (CBS) to issue ATM cards/ATM-cum-debit cards in tie with a sponsor banks? - Cooperative Banks
19) Reserve Bank of India on 17 July 2015 signed a Special Currency Swap Agreement with the Central Bank of which country? - Sri Lanka
20) Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 15 July 2015 constituted a committee to work out a five-year (medium-term) action plan for financial inclusion. The 14-member panel will be headed by? - Deepak Mohanty, RBI executive Director
21) Name the Uruguayan soccer legend who died on 16 July 2015, famous for his goal in stunning 2-1 victory over Brazil in the final game of the 1950 FIFA World Cup? - Alcides Edgardo Ghiggia
22) Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 16 July 2015 approved the creation of an intra state transmission system in ____ states of the country? - seven
Note: The seven states include Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Rajasthan.
23) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 15 July 2015 launched the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana in New Dehi. The programme aims to impart? - Skill training to 24 lakh youth during 2015-16
24) National Mission for Skill Development (NMSD) was on 15 July 2015 launched by? - Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE)
25) Union Ministry of Urban Development on 14 July 2015 launched the HRIDAY Scheme from Amritsar. HRIDAY stands for? - National Heritage Development and Augmentation Yojana
26) Name the Iconic Tamil music composer who died on 14 July 2015? - MS Viswanathan
27) Name Vivek Agnihotri's film which won the Best Original Screenplay award in the Foreign Language Category at the Madrid International Film Festival, Spain recently? - ‘Buddha in a Traffic Jam’
28) 55th National Inter State Senior Athletics Championships was held between 10 July and 13 July 2015 in? – Chennai
29) Report of the ____ committee on Net Neutrality was on 16 July 2015 released by the Department of Telecommunications? - A K Bhargava
30) Union Cabinet on 16 July 2015 gave its approval to set up an expert group to classify the Caste names returned in the Socio Economic and Caste Census (SECC), 2011. The expert group will be chaired by? - Arvind Panagariya, Vice-Chairperson of NITI Aayog
31) Name the Indian American woman who was on 16 July 2015 honoured as Champions of Change by the White House of United States (US)? - Sunita Viswanath
32) Who was on 14 July 2015 appointed as the Chairman of Narmada Valley Development Authority (NVDA)? - Rakesh Sahni
33) India’s first railway-line built under PPP model was recently inaugurated in which state? – Gujarat
34) Name the Indian-origin scientist, who was recently elected to Royal Society of London? - Professor Kamal Bawa
Download Current Affairs July 2015- Second Week
Download complete current affairs July 2015 PDF capsule
Download complete current affairs July 2015 PDF capsule