Friends..Here are some useful Questions from English Section for upcoming LIC ADO Exam 2015. This Quiz will also be useful for other upcoming exams like SSC CGL 2015, OICL Assistant 2015, IBPS PO 2015, SBI PO Mains 2015, IBPS RRB 2015, FCI/RBI Assistant etc. Attempt Quiz & share your score.
Today’s Questions are:
1) ‘As you sow, so shall you reap’ means?
(A) Reaping is better than sowing
(B) You get the bad result of your bad deed
(C) You get the good result of your good deed
(D) You got the result, good or bad, depending on the nature of your deed
2) ‘Every cloud has a silver lining’ mean?
(A) there is a good side to every difficult situation
(B) there is no hope in a difficult situation
(C) clouds and lightning’s are seen together in the sky
(D) adversity is better than prosperity
3) No country is the world is as rich as America. Which of the following is the correct superlative form of this sentence?
(A) America is richer than the richest country in the world
(B) America is richer than other countries in the world
(C) No country in the world is richer than America
(D) America is the richest country in the world
4) He said to me. “Please give me the book.” Which of the following is the correct indirect narration of the sentence?
(A) He said to me to kindly give him the book
(B) He asked me to please give him the book
(C) He requested me to give the book
(D) He requested me to please give him the book
5) Which of the following makes the correct use of Preposition?
(A) This is in conformity with the rules laid down by the Corporation
(B) The book is at the table
(C) The train is arriving on the platform
(D) Don’t look down at me
6) Which of the following makes the correct use of article?
(A) A little water in the glass has been drink by the child
(B) A book which was on the table has been stolen
(C) The little knowledge is the dangerous thing
(D) An apple a day keeps the doctor away
7) Which of the following makes the correct use of article?
(A) I have studied at an University
(B) Kalidas is the Shakespeare of India
(C) I have bought a Umbrella
(D) This is best which I have seen
8) There is no culture in the world _____ absolutely pure.
(A) that which is
(B) that which
(C) that is
(D) that what is
9) He took up the letter from the table and _____ it to his friend.
(A) was reading
(B) has been reading
(C) had read
10) He led me ____ the green laws to the palatial building.
Attempt Quiz (Click Start Quiz button above) to check correct Answers.