Friends.. Apologies at the outset for the fact that we couldn’t update the weekly PDF Questions for June 2015 in time. However we have updated the Complete Quiz Free PDF of June 2015 in time. Hope you have downloaded that. It was due to the fact that we were busy with some technical works in improving your favorite website. We know how much you value the weekly PDF and we are back again. Weekly PDF will henceforth be updated in time. Happy Reading and best wishes for upcoming exams.
1) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on 10 July 2015 successfully launched five British satellites into space using? - PSLV-C28
Note: This was the heaviest commercial luggage carried by a PSLV rocket to date. It was also the biggest commercial launch of ANTRIX/ISRO.
2) Seventh BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) summit was held from 8 to 9 July 2015 in which city? - Ufa, Russia
3) Which country on 5 July 2015 won the FIFA Women’s World Cup? - United States of America (USA)
Note: They defeated Japan. This was third world cup title for the USA and first since 1999.
4) Which country on 4 July 2015 won its first Copa America Cup football tournament? - Chile
Note: In the final played at the Estadio Nacional (national stadium) in Santiago, Chile defeated Argentina 4-1 through penalties shootout.
5) Who won World Food Prize 2015? - Fazle Hasan Abed
6) Name the man responsible for conceiving the idea of short messaging service (SMS) technology, who died on 30 June 2015? - Matti Makkonen
7) World Population Day was observed on 11 July 2015 with the theme? - Vulnerable Populations in Emergencies
8) Which player on 10 July 2015 became only the second cricketer in the history of One Day International (ODI) cricket to claim a hat-trick on ODI debut? - Kagiso Rabada
Note: South African player claimed a hat-trick against Bangladesh.
9) Which city will be hosting the 8th BRICS summit in 2016? - New Delhi, India
10) India’s 1st Earthquake Warning System was on 10 July 2015 successfully installed in which state? – Uttarakhand
11) Which state will host the fifth Youth Delphic Games in February 2016? - Goa
Note: The motto of the 2016 Games is Celebrating Arts and Cultures.
12) Who won British Grand Prix 2015 recently? - Lewis Hamilton
13) Name the founding Chairman of Kerala State Electronics Development Corporation Limited (Keltron) who died on 1 July 2015? - K P P Nambiar
14) Name the initiative to provide doorstep services and expedite Home Loan Application (HLA) process launched on 3 July 2015 by State Bank of India (SBI)? - Project Tatkal
15) Anisa Rasouli was on 30 June 2015 nominated as the first ever female Supreme Court judge of which country? – Afghanistan
16) Who recently became the first British-Asian appointee to England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) Management Board? - Lord Kamlesh Patel
17) India and which other country on 10 July 2015 were accepted as the full members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), a six-member regional grouping? – Pakistan
18) Bandhan Bank Ltd on 9 July 2015 appointed whom as its Chairman? - Ashok Kumar Lahiri, former Chief Economic Adviser
19) India and which country on 9 July 2015 signed Inter Governmental Agreement (IGA) to implement the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)? - United States (US)
20) Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) in first week of July 2015 extended the ‘disturbed area’ status of which state? – Nagaland
21) Who was on 8 July 2015 appointed as Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of National Housing Bank (NHB)? - Sriram Kalyanaraman
Note: He became the first person form the Private Sector to head a Public Sector Financial Institution.
22) World Boxing Organization (WBO) on 7 July 2015 stripped whom of the Welterweight title which he won by defeating Manny Pacquiao in May 2015? - Floyd Mayweather Jr
23) India on 5 July 2015 won the South Asian Basketball (SABA) Championship title defeating which country? - Sri Lanka
24) Which country recently became the first country to eliminate mother-to-child (vertical) transmission of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and syphilis in the World? – Cuba
25) Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit 2015 was recently held at? - Ufa, Russia
26) Bashar Navaaz who passed away on 9 July 2015 was a famous writer in which language? – Urdu
27) Who recently became first Indian to win a Gold Medal at World University Games held in Gwangju? - Inderjit Singh (shot-put)
28) What was announced as the theme of 2015 Science Express? - Climate Change
29) ____ on 7 July 2015 released the State of Safety Nets 2015 report? - World Bank
30) Which bank launched Watch Banking application for Apple Watch in the first week of July 2015? – HDFC
31) Which bank on 4 July 2015 launched country’s first MUDRA (Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency) card under the Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana (PMMY) in Mangalore, Karnataka? - Corporation Bank
32) Mahindra Defence on 3 July 2015 tied-up with which European aerospace giant to form a Joint Venture to manufacture defence choppers? - Airbus Helicopters
33) Name the Russian cosmonaut who recently entered Guinness World Records for spending most number of days in the space? - Gennady Padalka
Note: He achieved the feat by spending 804 days on the International Space Station (ISS) and surpassed record of cosmonaut Sergei Krikalev.
34) Which country on 30 June 2015 became the first developed nation to default on International Monetary Fund (IMF) debt? – Greece
35) Who was recently selected for G D Birla Award for Scientific Research for 2014? - Sanjeev Galande
36) University Grants Commission (UGC) on 2 July 2015 accorded special Heritage Status on ___ Colleges across the country? – 19
37) Who was nominated by China to be the first president of the Beijing-backed Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)? - Liqun, Former Finance Minster of China
38) Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan (RAA) scheme was on 9 July 2015 launched in New Delhi recently by? - Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
39) Union Government in June 2015 increased the national floor-level minimum wage (NFLMW) to ___ rupees per day? – 160
Download Current Affairs July 2015-First Week
Download complete current affairs July 2015 PDF capsule
Download complete current affairs July 2015 PDF capsule