Directions: In Question Nos. 1 to 5 sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question.
1. When she parted ____ her parents, her eyes were full of tears.
2. He went ____ to oblige his superior
(A) on his way
(B) out of his way
(C) in his way
(D) with his way
3. During a period of protracted illness, the sick can become infirm, ____ both the strength to work and many of the specific skills that were once possessed.
4. The members of the religious sect ostracized the ____ who had abandoned their faith.
5. Would you mind ____the suitcase, Sir ?
(C) to open
In Question Nos. 6 to 8 out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word
Directions: In Question No. 9 and 10, Choose the word opposite meaning to the given word
1) Ans. (D) with
2) Ans. (B) out of his way
3) Ans. (D) losing
4) Ans. (C) recreant
5) Ans. (B) opening
6) Ans. (C) Impenetrable
7) Ans. (B) Examine
8) Ans. (A) Friendly
9) Ans. (C) Veneration
10) Ans. (D) Resist
Read More SSC CGL 2015 Study Materials: Click Here
Study Materials for SBI PO 2015: Click Here