Here is the Model Questions on GK for Staff Selection Commission CGL Level Exam 2015. SSC has scheduled CGL Exam for August 2015 and many candidates least concentrate on GK thinking that they will not get any questions from GK however hard they study. That’s not true. The only way to score in GK is to read as much as GK as you can. Because scoring high in GK can make a difference in your selection.
Don’t worry about GK. We are here to help. We are posting questions asked in previous CGL exams, so that you can get an idea of how the questions will be asked. Follow us regularly. Reading some good books for GK will also help. We recommend you Lucent's General Knowledge (English) 5th Edition.
1) Foramen Magnum is an aperture found in the
2. Who betrayed Siraj-ud-Daula in the Battle of Plassey in 1757?
(A) Hyder Ali
(B) Mir Qasim
(C) Mir Jaffar
(D) Nawab of Oudh
3. 'Kelp' is
(A) Sulphide mineral of iron
(B) Partially decomposed vegetation
(C) Sea weed rich in iodine content
(D) An aluminium silicate mineral
4. Spot the odd item in the following :
5. Light from the Sun reaches us in nearly
(A) 8 min
(B) 2 min.
(C) 6 min.
(D) 4 min.
6. Radar is used to
(A) locate submerged submarines.
(B) receive signal from radio receivers.
(C) detect and locate distant objects.
(D) locate geostationary satellites.
7. Optical fibre works on the principle of
(D) total internal reflection
8. Which application in Microsoft Office is feasible for preparing presentations?
(A) Microsoft Excel
(B) Microsoft Word
(C) Microsoft PowerPoint
(D) Microsoft Publishers
9. The language which was used to build Internet Pages in the beginning of Internet Technology is
10. Name the branch of Zoology that deals with the scientific study of animal behaviour.
( D) Anatomy
1) Ans. (D) Skull
2) Ans. (C) Mir Jaffar
3) Ans. (C) Sea weed rich in iodine content
4) Ans. (A) Basalt
5) Ans. (A) 8 min
6) Ans. (C) detect and locate distant objects.
7) Ans. (D) total internal reflection
8) Ans. (C) Microsoft PowerPoint
9) Ans. (B) HTML
10) Ans. (C) Ethology