Friends..Here are the Important Current Affairs Updates for 25 June 2015. Hope you are following our Current Affairs Quiz Series. Read these descriptive Current Affairs and revise them by attempting Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
1) PM launched three mega schemes for urban development:
--> Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 25 June 2015 launched three flagship schemes for urban development and promised that states and Union Territories (UT) will have a greater say in the implementation of the these programmes.
--> The three projects are :-
1. Smart Cities Mission: For smart cities, bottom-up approach will be followed where the responsibility will be on local bodies rather than states or the Centre to develop them.
2. Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT): The AMRUT mission, worth Rs 50,000 crore, aims at infrastructure development of 500 cities with population of over one lakh.
3. Housing for All by 2022: Housing For All mission will enable decent houses to all the needy, particularly the economically weaker sections and low income group.The mission will be taken up in all the 4041 notified towns across the country.
2) Union Cabinet approved renaming of SECI as Renewable Energy Corporation of India:
--> The Union Cabinet on 24 June 2015 approved renaming of Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) as Renewable Energy Corporation of India (RECI).
--> Besides, the Cabinet also gave its nod to the SECI to apply to the Registrar of Companies (ROC) for converting it into a Section 3 company from a Section 8 company under the Companies Act, 2013.
--> SECI was established as a registered company under the Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956.
3) Former Pakistan captain Zaheer Abbas is new ICC president:
--> Former Pakistan captain Zaheer Abbas was selected as the new president of the International Cricket Council on 25 June 2015.
--> The 67-year-old Abbas has already assumed the role, which will be on a one-year tenure.
--> ICC Chairman N Srinivasan, who also represented the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in the annual meeting, was one one of the first persons to welcome Zaheer in the ICC.
--> The poisition was lying vacant after Mustafa Kamal resigned as ICC President, with effect from 1 April, 2015.
4) RBI extends deadline for exchanging pre-2005 currency notes by six months:
--> Reserve Bank of India has extended the date for the public to exchange their pre-2005 banknotes till December 31, 2015.
--> RBI earlier had set up 30 June 2015 as the last date for the exchanging pre-2005 year currency notes of various denominations, including of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000.--> The currency notes issued before 2005 do not have the year of printing on the reverse side.
Check & Read Daily Current Affairs 2015