Friends.. last day we have posted the detailed notification of Civil Service Preliminary Exam 2015 published by UPSC. In case you missed that post don't worry Click Here. Eligible candidates may apply online from 23-05-2015 o 19-06-2015 till 11.59 PM. Many of you might be still wondering about the pattern of Civil Service Preliminary Exam this year, as UPSC had made a lot of changes, of late. So in this post, we are discussing about the pattern of Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2015. Pattern of Mains Exam will be discussed in another post.
Here are the important things that you should know about Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2015.
* Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2015 will be of objective type.
* The Preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of Objective type (multiple choice questions) and carry a maximum of 400 marks (200 marks for each paper).
* This examination is meant to serve as a screening test only; the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
* The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be about twelve to thirteen times the total approximate number of vacancies to be filled in the year through this examination.
* Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the Preliminary Examination in the year will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination of that year provided they are otherwise eligible for admission to the Main Examination.
Scheme and subjects for the Preliminary are as follows:
* The Examination shall comprise of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each.
* Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions).
* The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%. The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
* Each paper will be of two hours duration.
* There will be negative marking for incorrect answers for all questions except some of the questions where the negative-marking will be inbuilt in the form of different marks being awarded to the most appropriate and not so appropriate answer for such questions.
* There are four alternatives for the answers to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
Syllabi for the Preliminary Examination 2015
Preliminary Examination- Paper I - (200 marks) Duration : Two hours
1) Current events of national and international importance.
2) History of India and Indian National Movement.
3) Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
4) Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
5) Economic and Social Development - Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
6) General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialisation.
7) General Science.
Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
2) Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
3) Logical reasoning and analytical ability
4) Decision-making and problemsolving
5) General mental ability
6) Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs,tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)
It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the Papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he/she does not appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination. In case of any further doubts, please feel free to comment.
Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam 2015 Notification: Click Here
Apply Online: Click Here