Do u want this as PDF : Click Here
1) Supreme Court (SC) on 13 May 2015 issued guidelines on regulating government advertisements. According to the new guidelines, only photographs whom can feature in the newspaper advertisement? - President, Prime Minister (PM) and Chief Justice of India (CJI)
2) Who was on 11 May 2015 authorized to act as the interim chairperson of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC)? - Justice (retd) Cyriac Joseph
3) Who was on 11 May 2015 appointed as the first President of the New Development Bank (NDB) of BRICS nations? - KV Kamath
Note: Currently, Kamath is the Chairman of the India’s largest private sector bank, Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India (ICICI).
4) Name the three new schemes launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 9 May 2015 in Kolkata, West Bengal?
(a) Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)
(b) Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)
(c) Atal Pension Yojana (APY)
5) Who was on 15 May 2015 appointed as the Controller General of Accounts (CGA) in the Union Ministry of Finance? - MJ Joseph
6) State Bank of India (SBI) on 14 May 2015 launched contact-less credit and debit cards called? - sbiINTOUCH
Note: These cards are based upon the latest near-field technology (NFC). With these cards, a customer can transact by just tapping or waving it against the reader of the point-of-sale machine.
7) Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 14 May 2015 allowed Tap And Pay without PIN for transactions up to ____ rupees? - Rs.2000
8) Who was named as the Head Coach of Under-19 football team of India on 12 May 2015? - Lee Alan Johnson of England
9) President of India Pranab Mukherjii on 12 May 2015 appointed four Governors. Name them with state?
(a) V Shanmuganathan - Meghalaya
(b) Draupadi Murmu - Jharkhand
(c) Tathagata Roy - Tripura
(d) JP Rakkhowa - Arunachal Pradesh
10) Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 11 May 2015 advised all public sector banks (PSBs) to appoint ___? - Chief Customer Service Officer (CCSO) or Internal Ombudsman
11) Who was recently appointed as the Chairman of the National Safety Council (NSC)? - K Satish Reddy
12) National Technology Day was observed in India on? - 11 May 2015
13) Veteran Bollywood actor Shashi Kapoor was on 10 May 2015 honoured with the prestigious Dada Saheb Phalke award by whom? - Arun Jaitley, Union Information and Broadcasting Minister
14) Who recently won the Spanish Grand Prix Formula 1 Racing? - Nico Rosberg
15) Name the world’s first fully warm-blooded fish species recently discovered by researchers from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)? – Opah
16) Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 13 May 2015 gave its approval for ___% disinvestment in NTPC and ___% in Indian Oil Corporation respectively? - 5% and 10%
17) Union Cabinet on 13 May 2015 gave its nod for implementation of Namami Gange programme (NGP). The programme will be operational under? - National Ganga River Basin Authority (NGRBA)
18) Who was on 12 May 2015 appointed as Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Bharti AXA General Insurance? - Deepak Iyer
19) Name the Indian author who on 12 May 2015 won the 2014 Encore Award for his novel The Lives of Others? - Neel Mukherjee
20) Who was on 7 May 2015 appointed as a Member of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)? - Arvind Saxena
21) Name the Indian-origin who was on 11 May 2015 appointed as Minister of State for Employment in British Government? - Priti Patel
22) Naval establishment of Indian Navy at Porbandar, Gujarat was on 9 May 2015 commissioned as? - INS Sardar Patel
Prepared by: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
23) India on 9 May 2015 successfully conducted the 48th test firing of the BrahMos Supersonic Cruise Missile from? - Car Nicobar Islands in Andaman and Nicobar.
24) Who won the men’s singles and women's singles title of Madrid Tennis Open? - Andy Murray and Petra Kvitova
25) Suchitra Bhattacharya passed away on 12 May 2015 was a eminent writer in which language? – Bengali
26) Name the Indian-American who recently won UNC Board of Governors 2015 Award? - Sivanadane Mandjiny
27) Union Minister of State for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on 14 May 2015 launched which scheme for Traditional Artisans? - USTAAD (Upgrading the Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development).
28) Who was on 15 May 2015 conferred with the Pt. Haridutt Sharma Award for Journalism, Writing and Social Services? - Anurradha Prasad
Note: She is the Editor-in-Chief of News 24 Channel.
29) Name the Indian-Origin who on 12 May 2015 became the first Asian woman to be elected as mayor in the United Kingdom (UK)? - Harbhajan Kaur Dheer
30) 6th National Conference on Nuclear Energy was recently held at? - New Delhi
31) India Posts on 11 May 2015 launched a dedicated E-Commerce Centre at? - New Delhi
32) Name the Indian discus thrower who on 10 May 2015 won Gold at Jamaican International Invitation meet? - Vikas Gowda
33) Indian Army on 8 May 2015 signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with which bank? - Bank of India (BOI)
34) Which Union Ministry on 15 May 2015 launched kayakalp Award Scheme to improve cleanliness in Public Health Facilities? - Union Health and Family Welfare Ministry
35) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has recently announced its plans to commission which radar in June 2015? - Multi-Object Tracking Radar (MOTR)
36) Union Government has recently decided to implement NERS for women in distress. Expand NERS? - Nationwide Emergency Response System
37) Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) on 14 May 2015 gave an in-principle approval for setting up first IIIT (Indian Institute of Information Technology) of Maharashtra at? – Nagpur
38) Japanese Scientists on 14 May 2015 discovered a new state of matter called? - Jahn-Teller-metal
39) Union government on 13 May 2015 passed the Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2014. Bill seeks to amend which act? - Companies Act, 2013