Download as PDF- Click Here
1) Who took over as Director General (DG) of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) on 1 May 2015? - Surender Singh
Note: He succeeded Arvind Ranjan and will have tenure till August 2016.
2) Microsoft recently named its next Web Browser as? – Edge
3) Which district was on 30 April 2015 declared as the first open defecation-free (ODF) district in India? - Nadia district of West Bengal
4) The logo of International Day of Yoga was launched on 29 April 2015 in New Delhi by? - Union External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Union Minister of State (MoS) for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik.
Note: International Day of Yoga will be for the first time observed on 21 June 2015.
5) Which country on 26 April 2015 became the 161st member of the World Trade Organization (WTO)? – Seychelles
6) Union Government on 29 April 2015 announced to extend e-Tourist Visa scheme to 31 more countries. With the latest addition, the total number of countries covered under the scheme will go up to? – 76
7) Who was appointed as the Chairperson of the Children's Film Society of India (CFSI) on 29 April 2015? - Mukesh Khanna
Note: Mukesh Khanna is known for his iconic role as Shaktimaan, a 1990s superhero series.
8) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 26 April 2015 conferred the 50th Jnanpith Award on eminent Marathi litterateur? - Bhalchandra Nemade
9) Who was on 25 April 2015 conferred with the prestigious Pandit Dinanath Mangeshkar Award 2015? - Anil Kapoor (Bollywood actor)
10) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on 28 April 2015 successfully tested an indigenous cryogenic engine CE-20 at which place? - Mahendragiri, Tamil Nadu
11) India on 27 April 2015 launched a relief and rescue Operation named ___ in earthquake hit Nepal? Operation Maitri
12) NASA on 30 April 2015 ended the operations of MESSENGER Mission to which planet? – Mercury
13) Name the four Indians who will be conferred with the Spring Imperial Decorations of Japan which were announced on 29 April 2015? - T. K. A. Nair (former Advisor and Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh), CNR Rao( Scienthist and Bharat Ratna receipient), Nikunj Parekh and Topgay Bhutia.
14) Rajya Sabha on 28 April 2015 passed the Regional Rural Banks (Amendment) Bill, 2014 which seeks to amend which Act? - Regional Rural Banks (RRB) Act, 1976
15) Who recently became the first India-born woman to be sworn-in as the criminal court judge of the New York City? - Raja Rajeswari
16) Name the Sail Training Ship of Indian Navy which on 27 April 2015 left Kochi for Lokayan 2015? - INS Tarangini
17) Who was on 25 April 2015 conferred with the Officier de la Légion d’Honneur (Officer of the Legion of Honour) by French governemnt in recognition of his valuable contribution to thought on international issues? - Yashwant Sinha, the former finance minister
Prepared by: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
18) Rajya Sabha on 24 April 2015 passed the Rights of Transgender Persons Bill, 2014 by voice vote. It is the first private members bill to be passed in Rajya Sabha in ___ years? - 46 years
Note: The bill was moved by Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) MP Tiruchi Shiva.
19) Which Bank recently won the Asian Banker Achievement Award 2015? - Bharatiya Mahila Bank
20) Who recently sworn in as first black female Attorney General of United States? - Loretta Lynch
21) Which state government recently gave its approval to build 750 megawatt (MW) solar photovoltaic (SPV) plant at Gurh tehsil in Rewa district? - Madhya Pradesh
Note: Once completed it will become the world’s largest solar power plant.
22) Name the Executive Co-chairman of NDTV who was on 30 April 2015 conferred with the Redink Lifetime Achievement Award 2015? - Prannoy Roy
23) Which e-commerce company on 29 April 2015 acquired the Delhi-based mobile engagement and marketing automation company Appiterate? – Flipkart
24) Name the Indian who recently won the 2015 Commonwealth Short Story Prize for Asia region for his work Umbrella Man? - Siddhartha Gigoo
25) Who won the Shamkir chess tournament held in Shamkir city of Azerbaijan on 26 April 2015? - Magnus Carlsen
26) Which country was crowned champions at the 22nd President’s Cup Open International Boxing Tournament on 27 April 2015? – India
27) Andhra Pradesh and Telangana on 1 May 2015 introduced ___ rupees Accident Insurance Scheme for transport drivers? - 5 lakh
28) Union Government on 29 April 2015 approved continuation of ___ rupees Monthly Pension Scheme under Employees' Pension Scheme, 1995 (EPS) beyond 2014-15? - 1000 rupees
29) Name the two Indians who recently won the prestigious Whitley Awards (also known as Green Oscar) for their contribution to wildlife conservation? - Dr Ananda Kumar and Dr Pramod Patil
30) Which French IT firm recently announced to buy US rival IGATE for 4 billion US dollar? – CapGemini
31) Who won the men`s title at Badminton Asia Championships 2015 held in the central city of Wuhan, China on 26 April 2015? - Lin Dan of China
32) World Dance Day or International Dance Day was observed globally on? - April 29
33) Name the security exercise conducted by Indian Coast Guard (ICG) from 28 April to 29 April 2015 in the Arabian Sea? - Theera Veeta
34) Name the author of the Book titled "China – Confucius in the Shadows" which was released by the Vice President M. Hamid Ansari on 1 May 2015? - Poonam Surie
35) Name Eminent Marathi film and stage actress who passed away on 29 April 2015? - Bimba Modak
36) Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs on 1 May 2015 launched Form ___ to make the process of establishing new companies smoother for entrepreneurs? INC -29
37) Which team recently won the 5th Senior Men’s National Hockey championship 2015? – Railways
38) Calbuco volcano which country erupted twice on 22 April and 23 April 2015 after 42 years? – Chile
39) Wladimir Klitschko of which country on 25 April 2015 successfully defended his world heavyweight boxing title for the 18th time in a row? – Ukraine
40) Department of Telecommunications (DoT) on 1 May 2015 extended the date of implementation of the full Mobile Number Portability (MNP) by two months till? - 3 July 2015
41) Union Cabinet on 29 April 2015 approved AMRUT mission. Expand AMRUT? - Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation
42) Who won the Presidential election of Sudan on 27 April 2015? - Omar Hassan al-Bashir
43) Name the Indian-origin scientist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) who on 26 April 2015 won the prestigious 2015 Heinz Award in the Technology, the Economy, and Employment category? - Sangeeta Bhatia
Check PDF of Previous Weeks: Click Here