Do u want this as PDF : Click Here
1) Name the Hungarian writer who on 19 May 2015 won the prestigious Man Booker International Prize for 2015? - Laszlo Krasznahorkai
Note: Man Booker International Prize is an international literary award given every two years to a living author of any nationality for a body of work published in English or generally available in English translation.
2) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 19 May 2015 returned to India after completing his tour to three nations namely? - China, Mongolia and South Korea
3) Who was on 23 May 2015 sworn-in as the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for fifth time? - J Jayalalithaa
Note: She succeeded O Panneerselvam who resigned on 21 May 2015 following her acquittal on 11 May 2015 in the disproportionate assets case by the Karnataka High Court.
4) Who was appointed as the new Defence Secretary? - G Mohan Kumar
Note: He succeeds Radha Krishna Mathur who completes his tenure on 28 May 2015.
5) Which Indian cricket player was placed at sixth position in the World’s 50 Most Marketable 2015 report released by British magazine SportsPro? - Virat Kohli
6) Which fighter jet of Indian air force (IAF) on 21 May 2015 landed successfully on Yamuna Expressway as part of developing road runaway for emergency landing? - Mirage 2000
7) US President Barack Obama recently entered Guinness Book of World Record for what reason? - Reaching a million followers within 5 hours after going live on Twitter with @POTUS account.
8) V Shanmuganathan on 20 May 2015 was sworn in as 15th Governor of which state? – Meghalaya
9) Who has sworn in as the Governor of Tripura on 20 May 2015? - Tathagata Roy
10) Name Indian Navy’s latest anti-submarine warfare class stealth corvette which was launched on 19 May 2015 in Kolkata? - INS Kavaratti
11) Which state will host the Paragliding World Cup from 23 October to 31 October 2015 at Bir Billing in Kangra valley as announced recently? - Himachal Pradesh
12) Union Government on 18 May 2015 launched official website of National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog. Name the URL of the website? - http://www.Niti.gov.in.
13) What was India's rank in the first Environmental Democracy Index (EDI) for the year 2015 released recently? - 24th
14) Union Cabinet on 21 May 2015 approved Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) Continuation Programme consisting of fifteen operational flights from? - PSLV-C36 to PSLV-C50
15) Name the Indigenously developed Beyond Visual Range (BVR) air-to-air missile which was successfully test fired at the Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur in Odisha on 20 May 2015? – Astra
16) Anti-Terrorism Day was observed across India on? - May 21
Note: The day is annually observed on the death anniversary of seventh Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
17) President Pranab Mukherjee on 20 May 2015 inaugurated the ___th anniversary of India’s first historic climb of Mount Everest in 1965? - 50th
18) Who was on 18 May 2015 appointed as the chairman of Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) on the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition Rehabilitation and Resettlement (LARR) (Amendment) Bill, 2015? - SS Ahluwalia, BJP Lok Sabha Member
19) Who was on 18 May 2015 sworn in as the first woman Governor of Jharkhand? - Draupadi Murmu
Prepared by: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
20) Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi on 16 May 2015 inaugurated the first branch of ICICI Bank in China at? – Shanghai
21) Name the Australian wicketkeeper batsman who on 17 May 2015 retired from One Day International (ODI) cricket? - Brad Haddin
22) Who was on 20 May 2015 appointed as the new Director General of Police (DGP) of Kerala? - TP Senkumar
23) Name the Indian-American professor who was on 21 May 2015 appointed as a member of the prestigious National Council on Humanities of United States (US) by President Barack Obama? - Akhil Amar
24) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on 19 May 2015 announced that ASTROSAT will be launched in which month? - October 2015
25) Who was elected as the eighth President of the Federated States of Micronesia on 11 May 2015? - Peter M Christian
26) Who won the women’s singles of Italian Open for the third time on 17 May 2015? - Maria Sharapova
27) Who won his fourth Rome Masters Tennis title on 17 May 2015? - Novak Djokovic
28) Which temple in India on 20 May 2015 received International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001-2008 certification for best quality practices? - Siddhivinayak temple of Mumbai
29) International Day for Biological Diversity (IBD) was observed on 22 May 2015 with the theme? - Biodiversity for Sustainable Development
30) Which company on 20 May 2015 launched LiteOS operating sytem meant for Internet of Things (IoT) based devices? - Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
31) International Day of Families was observed on 15 May 2015 with the theme? - Men in Charge? Gender Equality and Children’s Rights in Contemporary Families.
32) Which state government on 19 May 2015 decided to launch Pay & Play Scheme at the designated stadiums or sports complexes to promote sports? – Delhi
33) External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on 16 May 2015 launched the official website of 10th World Hindi Conference. 10th World Hindi Conference will be held at? – Bhopal
34) Mamata Banerjee recently inaugurated the new headquarter of Coal India Ltd at? - Rajarhat in West Bengal
35) Name the nurse who was in a vegetative state for 42 years after being sexually assaulted and the face of mercy killing who passed away recently? - Aruna Shanbaug
36) Name the eminent economist and academics who passed away on 20 May 2015 in Pune? - Mrinal Datta Chaudhuri
37) Who were on 18 May 2015 named as England men’s and women’s cricketers of the year 2014-15 respectively? - Joe Root and Charlotte Edwards
38) Researchers have recently discovered the driest place on the Earth in the Atacama Desert in Chile and named it as? - Maria Elena South (MES)
39) Name the Veteran jazz musician who passed away on 20 May 2015 after suffering a heart attack? - Bob Belden
40) Nelong Valley in which state was recently opened for tourists for the first time since its closure in 1962 during war between India and China? - Uttarakhand
Check PDF of Previous Weeks: Click Here