1) S Christopher appointed DRDO chief:
--> Eminent scientist S Christopher was on 28 May 2015 appointed as Director General of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) for a two-year term.
--> Christopher is presently Distinguished Scientist and Programme Director (airborne early warning and control system) and Director, Centre for Air-Borne Systems in the DRDO.
--> Another scientist G S Reddy was appointed as the Scientificc Adviser to Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar for a two-year term.
2) K Sivan appinted VSSC Director:
--> K Sivan will be the new director of the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), Thumba.
--> He will succeed M Chandradathan who is stepping down on 29 May 2015.
--> Sivan is currently director, Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC) which has its Headquarters at Valiamala, Thiruvananthapuram.
3) India tops world hunger list with 194 million people:
--> India is home to 194.6 million undernourished people, the highest in the world, according to the annual report by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations released.
--> This translates into over 15 per cent of India’s population, exceeding China in both absolute numbers and proportion of malnourished people in the country's population.
4) Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar is Mysuru’s new ‘Maharaja’:
--> Yaduveer Raj, was crowned as the new Maharaja of Mysuru, a titular and nominal head of the 600-year-old Wadiyar dynasty in southern India.
--> The coronation ceremony was held at the Wadiyar dynasty’s Amba Vilas Palace in Mysuru.
--> He is 23-year-old and economics graduate from the University of Massachusetts, US.
5) Abhinav Bindra becomes 4th Indian shooter to qualify for 2016 Rio Olympics:
--> Abhinav Bindra has become the fourth Indian shooter to win a quota place for the 2016 Rio Olympics.
--> He got qualified to 2016 Olympics after finishing sixth in the Men’s 10 metre Air Rifle final at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Shooting World Cup held in Munich, Germany.
6) Latha Venkataraman, an NRI scientist creates first single molecule device:
--> Latha Venkataraman, an NRI scientist from the United States, has created a single molecule device that can be used for nano-scale devices.
--> It has been claimed that it can perform 50 times better than all the designs that have been created so far.
--> The idea for it was suggested way back in 1974, by Mark Ratner and Arieh Aviram.
7) Sevilla won record 4th Europa League trophy:--> Colombian striker Carlos Bacca claimed a double as Sevilla made Europa League history by seeing off Dnipro to win the competition for a record fourth time.
Read Daily Current Affairs: Click Here