Download as PDF- Click Here
1) Who has assumed the charge as Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) of India on 19 April 2015? - Nasim Zaidi
2) A high-intensity earthquake of magnitude 7.9 on the Richter scale struck Nepal on 25 April 2015. Name the UNESCO World Heritage site that was completely damaged in this quake? - Kathmandu's Durbar Square
Note: The epicenter of the quake was 80km east of Pokhra near Kathmandu.
3) Name the mobile application launched by Railway Ministry on 22 April 2015 for paperless unreserved tickets? – utsonmobile
4) Which Bank on 21 April 2015 launched Tap-n-Pay, a near-field communications-enabled payment service? - ICICI Bank
Note: The service was launched in collaboration with Tech Mahindra.
5) International Mother Earth Day was observed globally on 22 April 2015 with the theme? - It’s our turn to lead
6) Name Indian Navy’s new missile destroyer ship that was launched on 20 April 2015 at Mazagaon Dock Limited (MDL), Mumbai? - INS Visakhapatnam
7) Who was unanimously elected as the general secretary of Communist Party of India (Marxist) CPI (M) on 19 April 2015? - Sitaram Yechury
8) Name the fourteenth edition of Indo-French Naval Exercise that commenced on 23 April 2015 at the coast of Goa? - VARUNA-15
9) Which Union Ministry on 22 April 2015 received the ISO 9001:2008 certification from the British Standards Institute (BSI)? - Information and Broadcasting (I&B) Ministry
Note: The ISO certification was granted in respect of various licences issued by ministry for the broadcasts, print media and films.
10) Who was on 21 April 2015 honoured with the Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation Award 2015? - Shah Rukh Khan
11) Pakistan on 21 April 2015 conferred its top civilian award Nishan-e-Pakistan on whom? - Chinese President Xi Jinping
Note: The award was conferred for his outstanding contribution in promotion of relationship between the two countries.
12) Union Finance Ministry retained the rate of interest for General Provident Fund (GPF) and other related schemes at __ per cent for 2015-16? - 8.7 %
13) Name the new tournament announced by Cricket South Africa (CSA) on 21 April 2015? - Africa T20 Cup
Note: The tournament will have Zimbabwe, Kenya, Namibia, hosts South Africa and 12 CSA affiliates and will be played from 4 September to 4 October 2015.
14) Who recently became the first woman to climb the 8850 metre (29035 feet) Mount Everest summit twice in a week recently? - Chhurim Sherpa
15) United Nations (UN) observed World Book and Copyright Day across the world on? - April 23
Note: In 1995, UNESCO decided that the World Book and Copyright Day would be celebrated on 23 April, as the date is also the anniversary of the death of William Shakespeare and Inca Garcilaso de la Vega.
16) Which international newspaper recently won the prestigious Pulitzer prizes for West Africa Ebola coverage? - New York Times
17) World Malaria Day (WMD) was observed on 25 April 2015. Name the theme for the day for this year? - Invest in the Future. Defeat Malaria
18) National Panchayati Raj Day was observed across India on? - April 24
Note: The day is observed to mark the passing of the Constitution (73rd Amendment) Act, 1992 that came into force with effect from 24 April 1993.
Prepared by: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
19) National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) on 21 April 2015 declared Rajaji National Park in which state as India's 48th Tiger Reserve? – Uttarakhand
20) Which Department on 21 April 2015 was awarded the Prime Minister’s Award for Excellence in Public Administration for easy tax compliance through quality service? - Income Tax (IT) Department
21) Who was on 20 April 2015 appointed as chief adviser of the Board of Control for Cricket in India’s (BCCI) Anti-Corruption & Security Unit (ACSU)? - Neeraj Kumar
Note: He was the former Delhi Police Commissioner.
22) Name the Indian- American who on 23 April 2015 took oath as the 19th US Surgeon General? - Vivek Murthy
23) Who was on 22 April 2015 named as ambassador of HeForShe campaign by UN Women? - Thomas Bach, the president of International Olympic Committee (IOC)
Note: HeForShe encourages men and boys to join in on the fight for women's rights and gender equality all over the glove.
24) Janaki Ballabh Patnaik who died on 21 April 2015 was the former Chief Minister of which state? – Odisha
25) Name the Japanese bullet train which on 21 April 2015 created a new world speed record of 603 kilometer per hour (kmph) in a test run near Mount Fuji? – Maglev
26) Civil Services Day was recently observed across India on? - 21 April
27) Which state government on 19 April 2015 launched Subodham project, to help people in the state to overcome addiction to liquor? – Kerala
28) Union Cabinet on 22 April 2015 approved amendments to the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Bill 2014. The bill seeks to amend which act? - Justice Juvenile (JJ) Act, 2000
29) Turrialba volcano in which country erupted on 24 April 2015? - Costa Rica
30) What was India's rank in the global happiness index released on 23 April 2015? - 117 among 158 countries
Note: The report was topped by Switzerland followed by Iceland, Denmark, Norway and Canada.
31) Who won the Monte-Carlo Masters title of Tennis on 20 April 2015? - Novak Djokovic
32) Which country recently won it's first ever ODI series win against Pakistan? – Bangladesh
33) Which online travel services provider on 22 April 2015 has acquired startup travel guide firm Mygola? – MakeMyTrip
34) Name the online monitoring mechanism launched by Indian Railways on 21 April 2015? - E-Samiksha
Check PDF of Previous Weeks: Click Here