Download as PDF- Click Here
1) Which former Indian cricketer was elected as member of prestigious Laureus Sports Academy on 15 April 2015? - Sachin Tendulkar
Note: He was elected along with retired Chinese professional basketball player Yao Ming.
2) Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on 14 April 2015 decided to rename Tourist Visa on Arrival-Electronic Travel Authorization (TVoA-ETA) scheme as? - e-Tourist Visa (eTV) scheme
3) Union Government on 13 April 2015 notified the National Judicial Appointments Commission (NJAC) Act, 2014 by the ____the constitutional Amendment? - 99th
Note: With this, the existing Collegium system of appointing judges of higher judiciary such as Supreme Court and High Courts comes to an end.
4) Which country won the 2015 Sultan Azlan Shah Cup men’s hockey tournament? - New Zealand
Note: In the final clash played at the Sultan Azlan Shah Stadium in Ipoh, Malaysia, New Zealand defeated World Champions Australia 3-1.
5) India’s first International Financial Services Centre (IFSC) became operational on 11 April 2015 at? - GIFT City in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
6) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 17 April 2015 returned to India after his three-nation visit. Name the countries which he visited? - France, Germany and Canada
7) Time Magazine on 16 April 2015 released a list of 100 most influential people in the world. Who has topped the list? - American rapper and singer Kanye Omari West
Note: The list includes four Indian-origin persons viz. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Chanda Kochhar, Managing Director and CEO of ICICI Bank, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, and Vikram Patel, co-founder of the NGO Sangath.
8) Name the ancient Indian sculpture which was presented to Prime Minister Narendra Modi by Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper on 16 April 2015? - Parrot Lady
9) Who was recently named as the Laureus World Sportsman of the year 2015? - Novak Djokovic, the Serbian tennis player
Note: Genzebe Dibaba, the Ethiopian sprinter was named Sportswoman of the Year.
10) Who was on 15 April 2015 appointed as the next Ambassador of India to France? - Dr. Mohan Kumar
11) Who was sworn in as the first lady judge of the Sikkim High Court on 15 April 2015? - Meenakshi Madan Rai
12) The 5th meeting of SAARC Health Ministers was held on 8 April 2015 at? - New Delhi
13) Name the Nobel laureate German novelist who died on 13 April 2015? - Gunter Grass
Note: He was a novelist, poet, playwright, illustrator, graphic artist, sculptor and recipient of the 1999 Nobel Prize in Literature.
14) World Heritage Day was observed across the world on? - 18 April
15) Prime Minister Narendra Modi's recent visit to Canada was the first bilateral visit by an Indian Prime Minister to Canada in ___ years? - 42 years
16) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and Russian company INTMA on 15 April 2015 signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to set up a gas-based power project in which country? – Kazakhstan
17) Union Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation on 14 April 2015 constituted a Task Force on Interlinking of Rivers (ILR). The task force will be chaired by? - BN Navalawala
18) Who was on 11 April 2015 re-elected as the president of the Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) for a four-year term? - Brijbhushan Sharan Singh
19) Apurvi Chandela and Jitu Rai recently won Bronze medal in the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Rifle/Pistol World Cup. Where was the event held? - Changwon, South Korea
20) Who won the 2015 Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix title? - Lewis Hamilton
Prepared by: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
21) Who became the first woman bus driver of the Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) on 17 April 2015? - Vankadarath Saritha
22) Pakistan and which country on 16 April 2015 agreed to hold first-ever joint military exercises as a part of their enhanced defence cooperation? – Russia
23) Name the former Prime Minister of Nepal, who died on 15 April 2015? - Surya Bahadur Thapa
24) Who has resigned as the bowling coach of South Africa Cricket team on 14 April 2015? - Allan Donald
25) Name the Indian tennis player who on 11 April 2015 won the Uzbekistan F1 Futures Men’s singles title? - Yuki Bhambri
26) Name the Foreign Minister of North Korea who visited India from 12 April to 14 April 2015, which was also the first-ever visit of a foreign minister of North Korea to India? - Ri Su Yong
27) Name the painting which was gifted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to French President Francois Hollande during his visit to France from 9 April to 12 April 2015? - Tree of Life
28) The fourth Lighthouse Museum of India will be opened at which place as announced recently? - Kannur, Kerala
29) Name the Union Information and Broadcasting Minister who on 14 April 2015 inaugurated the Vividh Bharati Service of Delhi on FM Mode in New Delhi? - Arun Jaitley
30) Supreme Court of India (SC) on 17 April 2015 appointed whom to head the team probing the Indian Premiere League (IPL) scandal? - Vivek Priyadarshi
Note: He is at present a Superintendent of Police in CBI.
31) World Haemophilia Day was observed globally on 17 April 2015 with theme? - Building a family of support
32) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) on 16 April 2015 successfully commissioned the fourth 600 MW thermal unit at which place? - Raigarh district of Chhattisgarh.
33) The Surface-to-Surface Agni III ballistic missile was successfully test-fired on 16 April 2015 from? - Wheelar Isalnd off the Odisha coast in the Bay of Bengal.
34) Which state has recently decided to accord status of Cabinet Minister to Yoga guru Baba Ramdev? – Haryana
35) Sania Mirza along with whom won WTA Family Circle Cup women's doubles event? - Martina Hingis
36) Bidyut Chakraborty who died on 15 April 2015 was a? - renowned film director and actor of Assam
37) Which India-origin was honoured with the White House Champions of Change award on 16 April 2015? - Satya Nadella, Microsoft’s Indian-origin CEO
38) Name the United Nations (UN) peace envoy to Yemen who resigned on 16 April 2015? - Jamal Benomar
39) NASA has recently re-named which Asteroid after Malala Yousafzai, the winner of 2014 Nobel Peace Prize? - Asteroid 316201
40) Global Rating Agency Moody's on 17 April 2015 forecasted that Indian economy will grow at ___ percent in 2015? - 7.5 %