1) Who won the fbb Femina Miss India 2015 title on 28 March 2015? - Aditi Arya
Note: She is from Delhi. The 52nd edition of the beauty contest held at Yash Raj Studio in Mumbai. The first runner-up was Aafreen Rachel Vaz of Mangaluru, Karnataka and the second runner-up was Vartika Singh of Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
2) Which country won the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015? - Australia
Note: They defeated New Zealand by seven wickets in the final held at Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Australia.
3) Andhra Pradesh Cabinet chaired by Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on 1 April 2015 approved which city as the new capital of the state? - Amaravathi
Note: The capital will come up at Tullur in Vijayawada-Guntur region of the state. The name of Amaravathi as state capital was finalised in view of its historical, spiritual and mythological significance.
4) Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 1 April 2015 sanctioned the scheme of amalgamation of ING Vysya Bank Ltd. with which bank? - Kotak Mahindra Bank
Note: With this sanction, all branches of ING Vysya Bank will function as branches of Kotak Mahindra Bank with effect from 1 April 2015.
5) Who resigned from the post of President of International Cricket Council (ICC) on 1 April 2015? - Mustafa Kamal
6) Who was conferred with Major Dhyan Chand Lifetime Achievement Award on 28 March 2015? - Balbir Singh Senior
Note: Balbir Singh Senior was a member of three Olympic gold medal winning Indian team.
7) Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System (IRNSS) 1-D satellite was launched successfully on 28 March 2015 by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) using? - Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV)-C27
8) Name the freedom fighter and educationist who was on 30 March 2015 conferred the highest civilian award of the country Bharat Ratna (posthumously)? - Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya
Note: His family members received the award from President Prabab Mukherjee at a function in the Ashoka hall of the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
9) Name the Indian shuttlers won the women’s and men's singles titles of India Open Super Series Badminton title recently? - Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth
10) Name the Union Minister of Commerce & Industry who on 2 April 2015 unveiled the Foreign Trade Policy (FTP) 2015-2020 at New Delhi? - Nirmala Sitharaman
11) Name the campaign launched on 27 March 2015 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to exhort the better off sections of society to give away their LPG subsidy? - Give it Up campaign
12) Name the Poster girl of India's anti-tobacco campaign who died on 1 April 2015? - Sunita Tomar
Note: In 2014, she shot a 30-second video titled Sunita highlighting the devastating effect of smokeless tobacco.
13) Who won the Presidential Election of Nigeria on 31 March 2015? - General Muhammadu Buhari
14) Michael Rudenko, a committee member of the Minor Planet Center on 1 April 2015 officially named a minor planet in the name of which Indian sports person? - Vishwanathan Anand.
Note: The main-belt minor planet was discovered between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter by Kenzo Suzuki in Toyota in 1988. It remained unnamed since then and now it was named 4538 Vishyanand.
15) Name the scheme launched by Union Government on 1 April 2015 with an aim to boost sales of eco-friendly vehicles in the country? - Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric vehicles (FAME)
Prepared by: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
16) Who was on 1 April 2015 conferred with the Sir Richard Hadlee Medal for 2014-15? - Brendon McCullum
Note: Sir Richard Hadlee Medal is the highest cricketing honour of New Zealand.
17) Insurance Australia Group Ltd (IAG) on 26 March 2015 announced that it will raise its stake in SBI General Insurance (SBIGI) from 26 percent to ___ percent? - 49 percent
18) Kyle Mills who on 31 March 2015 retired from all forms of International Cricket is from which country? - New Zealand
19) Union Government on 3 April 2015 extended the deadline for implementation of the National Food Security Act (NFSA) deadline by ____ months? - Six months
20) Who on 30 March 2015 appointed as the Chief Justice of the Sikkim High Court (HC)? - Justice Sunil Kumar Sinha
Note: He was appointed by the President Pranab Mukherjee in accordance with the Article 217 (1) of the Constitution of India.
21) Renowned poet Kailash Vajpeyi who died on 1 April 2015 is famous in which language? – Hindi
22) Name the massive air and sea operation recently launched by India to evacuate over 4000 Indians from Yemen? - Operation Raahat
Note: In Yemen, military operation was launched by Saudi Arabia and 10 other countries against Houthi rebels.
23) Which e-commerce company recently acquired RupeePower to launch financial service? – Snapdeal
24) Which state on 31 March 2015 opened a women milk bank named Jeevan Dhara? – Rajasthan
25) Which state on 30 March 2015 launched part one of e-Vidhan Mobile app and thus becoming the first state assembly in the country to launch e-Vidhan Mobile app? - Himachal Pradesh
26) Name the 12-year-old Muslim girl who recently won the first position at the Shrimad Bhagwad Gita Champion League? - Mariyam Asif Siddiqui
27) Name the controversial anti-terrorism and organized crime bill passed by Gujarat Assembly recently? - Gujarat Control of Terrorism and Organised Crime (GUJCOC) Bill
28) Who took over charge as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Southern Naval Command on 30 March 2015? - Vice Admiral Sunil Lanba
29) Name the Indian-origin Singaporean nurse who was on 2 April 2015 named for the 2015 International Achievement Award by the Florence Nightingale International Foundation (FNIF) of the International Council of Nurses? - Dr Subadhra Devi Rai
30) What is India's rank in the Global Resilience Index 2015 released by FM Global recently? - 119th among 130 countries
Note: The 2015 FM Global Resilience Index has been topped by Norway.
31) Earth Hour 2015 was observed globally on 28 March 2015 from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm with tagline as? - Change Climate Change
32) What was India's rank in the Open Government Index 2015 Report released by World Justice Project (WJP) recently? - 37th
33) Daniel Vettori who on 30 March 2015 retired from all forms of International Cricket is from which country? - New Zealand
34) Which state government on 1 April 2015 launched a cheap meal scheme Aahar for providing subsidised food to urban poor? – Odisha
35) Michael Clarke, the Australian cricketer, on 29 March 2015 retired from which form of the cricket? - One Day Internationals (ODI)
Second Week PDF is ready: Click Here