Do u want this as PDF J : Click Here
1) Who was on 9 April 2015 appointed as the Chief Election Commissioner (CEC)? - Dr. Nasim Zaidi
Note: He will assume the charge of office of the CEC with effect from 19 April 2015 when the incumbent Harishankar Brahma retires. He will have tenure up to July 2017 when he attains the age of 65.
2) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 8 April 2015 launched the MUDRA Bank to fund the small entrepreneurs. MUDRA stands for? - Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency Ltd.
3) Name the former Australian cricket captain and legendary commentator who died in Sydney on 10 April 2015? - Richie Benaud
4) Which Indian city was named as the National Earth Hour Capital 2015 on 9 April 2015? - Thane in Mumbai, Maharashtra
5) Surface-to-Surface nuclear-capable Dhanush ballistic missile was successfully test-fired on 9 April 2015 from a naval ship at? - Odisha coast
Note: Dhanush ballistic missile is a naval variant of India’s indigenously-developed Prithvi missile.
6) Who was elected as the President of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for the year 2015-16 on 7 April 2015? - Sumit Mazumder
Note: He is the Chairman and Managing Director of the TIL Limited, India’s largest manufacturer of material handling equipment.
7) Who was appointed as Director of ISRO Satellite Centre (ISAC), Bengaluru on 1 April 2015? - Mayilsamy Annadurai
8) World Health Day (WHD) 2015 was observed globally on 7 April 2015. What was the theme for the day in 2015? - From farm to plate, make food safe.
9) Who was re-appointed as the chairman of the Indian Premier League's (IPL) Governing Council by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on 6 April 2015? - Rajeev Shukla
10) Name the winners of 2015 Miami Open Men’s and women’s singles titles respectively? - Novak Djokovic and Serena Williams
11) Who was appointed as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) on 10 April 2015? - Arun Kumar Jha
12) Which city was awarded the title of Global Earth hour Capital 2015, after it won the Earth Hour City Challenge (EHCC) of World Wildlife Fund (WWF) on 9 April 2015? - Seoul, South Korea
13) Under which Yojana MUDRA Bank was set up? - Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana.
Note: Read More about Mudra Bank from here--> http://goo.gl/qWcqc8
14) Dena Bank on 6 April 2015 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with which Insurance company to provide insurance cover to all Aadhaar-linked savings account holders of the bank in the age group of 18 to 50 years? - Life Insurance Corporation (LIC)
15) Who was sworn-in as the 16th Governor of Mizoram on 4 April 2015? - Keshari Nath Tripathi
16) Union Cabinet on 7 April 2015 gave its approval to release an additional installment of Dearness Allowance (DA) to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief (DR) to pensioners at the rate of ____ percent? - six percent
Note: With this DA or DR will be 113 percent of the basic pay with effect from 1 January 2015.
17) Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), the retirement fund body, on 9 April 2015 suspended the ___rupees minimum monthly pension scheme from April 2015? - 1000 rupees
Note: This was suspended as there was no direction from the Union Government to continue this scheme beyond 31 March 2015.
18) Which Union Ministry on 9 April 2015 suspended the registration of Greenpeace India Society (GIS) for 180 days for acting against public and economic interests of the country? - Union Ministry of Home Affairs
Prepared by: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
19) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) on 7 April 2015 recommended the establishment of Integrated Emergency Communication and Response System (IECRS). It has recommended which number as a single emergency number? -112
20) Reserve Bank of India recently notified hike in Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) limit in Insurance Sector to ___ percent from the existing 26 percent? – 49
21) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 6 April 2015 launched a ____ to tackle the menace of air pollution? - National Air Quality Index (NAQI)
Note: The index will be extended to 22 State capitals and 44 other cities with a population exceeding one million.
22) Sania Mirza along with whom on 5 March 2015 won the Miami Open Tennis women's doubles title? - Martina Hingis of Switzerland
23) Name the former Air Chief Marshal of Indian Air Force (IAF) who died on 9 April 2015? - Hrushikesh Moolgavkar
24) India was elected to four important United Nations agencies on 8 April 2015 at the Coordination and Management Meeting (CMM) of UNECOSOC. Expand UNECOSOC? - United Nations Economic and Social Council
25) Name the Jnanapith award winning Tamil novelist who died in Chennai on 8 April 2015? – Jayakanthan
26) Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry on 8 April 2015 formed an expert committee under the chairmanship of whom to suggest simplified compliance for establishing new industries? - Ajay Shankar
27) Which Airport on 5 April 2015 won the prestigious Golden Peacock National Quality Award for the year 2015? - Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL)
28) Which e-commerce company on 8 April 2015 acquired mobile recharge service FreeCharge in a cash and stock deal? - Snapdeal
Note: With this acquisition, Snapdeal became the largest mobile commerce company in India.
29) Name the campaign to promote Kerala tourism launched on 8 April 2015 by Union Minister of State for Tourism (Independent Charge) Dr. Mahesh Sharma? - Visit Kerala 2015
30) Which team on 7 April 2015 won the 2014-15 Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy played at the KIIT Cricket Stadium, Bhubaneshwar? – Gujarat
31) India was designated on 10 April 2015 to chair the ninth meeting of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) council to be held for two days starting from 10 June 2015 at? - Abu Dhabi
32) Name the 15-year-old Indian-origin schoolboy in the United Kingdom, who was on 12 March 2015 awarded with the 500 pounds Institute of Physics (IOP) Prize? - Pratap Singh
33) Which Indian Grandmaster on 6 April 2015 won Bronze medal in the World Women’s chess championships held at Sochi, Russia? - Dronavalli Harika
34) Name one of the top mountaineers of India, who died on 4 April 2015? - Malli Mastan Babu
35) Spiders belonging to the Thomisidae family was recently named after which Indian state? – Telangana
36) Who was appointed as the seventh Prime Minister of Peru on 2 April 2015? - Pedro Cateriano Bellido
37) Hindi poet Gopaldas Neeraj and veteran Hindi litterateur Uday Pratap Singh were conferred Sahitya Shiromani Samman on 8 April 2015. This award is given by which state? - Uttar Pradesh
38) Which state in USA on 9 April 2015 passed a bill that allows use of nitrogen gas (nitrogen-induced hypoxia) as a method of execution? - Oklahoma
Note: Oklahoma will also become the first state in the United States that will allow use of nitrogen for execution.
Check first Week PDF: Click Here