1) Who was selected for Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2014 recently?
(A) Shashi Kapoor
(C) Bharathi Raja
(D) Soumitra Chatterjee
2) As per recent news reports, Andhra Pradesh government is all set to declare which heritage city as the capital of Andhra Pradesh?
3) Ministry of Railways on 23 March 2015 decided to restrict the number of tickets that an individual can book via the e-ticketing platform named?
(C) Book My Travel
(D) Travel Yaari
4) Name the renowned ecologist who has been chosen for the prestigious 2015 Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement on 23 March 2015?
(A) MS Swaminathan
(B) Kasthuri Rangan
(C) Jayaram Ramesh
(D) Madhav Gadgil
5) World Meteorological Day was observed on?
(A) March 20
(B) March 25
(C) March 23
(D) March 21
6) Pakistan held its first Republic Day parade in seven years on 23 March 2015. Pakistan Day commemorates March 23, 1940, when?
(A) Pakistan was formed separating from India
(B) Muslim League demanded the establishment of separate nations to protect Muslims in the then British colony of India.
(B) Name "Pakistan" was adopted
(D) Pakistan got independence from British Rule
7) IRCTC has recently launched a new service called 'RuPay prepaid cards' which will enable passengers to book their tickets, do shopping and pay service bills - all online. This service was launched in collaboration with which bank?
(A) Union Bank of India
(B) State Bank of India
(C) ICICI Bank
(D) Bharatiya Mahila Bank
8) World's heaviest book on the Buddha's life authored by whom was recently unveiled in Agra?
(A) Mahatma Gandhi
(B) Ashoka Maurya
(C) Dr B R Ambedkar
(D) Jawaharlal Nehru
9) Who recently became the youngest Archer to enter India Book of Records?
(A) Dolly Shivani Cherukuri
(B) Raghav Joneja
(C) Bhakti Sharma
(D) Saloni Dalal
10) Indian Navy on 24 March 2015 has commissioned three Immediate Support Vessels (ISVs) supplied by which country, having pennant numbers T-38, T-39 and T-40?
1) Ans. (A) Shashi Kapoor
2) Ans. (C) Amaravati
3) Ans. (B) IRCTC
4) Ans. (D) Madhav Gadgil
5) Ans. (C) March 23
6) Ans. (B) Muslim League demanded the establishment of separate nations to protect Muslims in the then British colony of India.
7) Ans. (A) Union Bank of India
8) Ans. (C) Dr B R Ambedkar [Note: The book in English on the Buddha's life by Dr B R Ambedkar was translated into Hindi and etched into a stainless steel tome weighing a whopping 2,000 kg]
9) Ans. (A) Dolly Shivani Cherukuri
10) Ans. (D) UAE