Download as PDF: Click Here
1) Who was chosen for the Jnanpith Award 2014 by the Jnanpith Selection Board on 6 February 2015? - Bhalchandra Nemade
Note: He is an Eminent Marathi writer. He will be the 50th recipient of Jnanpith award, the highest literary honour of India and he will receive the award in April 2015.
2) Which bank on 10 February 2015 launched India’s first digital Bank on mobile phone named Pockets? - ICICI Bank
Note: Pockets, the digital e-wallet uses a virtual VISA card that enables the users to transact on any website or mobile application in India.
3) Social networking giant Facebook on 10 February 2015 tied-up with which mobile operator to offer free internet access to people in India through the Facebook's initiative, Internet.org? - Reliance Communications Limited
4) Who took charge as the Director General (DG) of the border guarding force Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) on 11 February 2015? - Krishna Chaudhary
Note: He succeeded Subhas Goswami.
5) World Radio Day was observed globally on? - February 13
6) Which players were on 13 February 2015 awarded with the All India Football Federations (AIFF) 2014 Player of the Year trophy in men and women category, respectively? - Sunil Chhetri and Bala Devi
7) Who was sworn-in as Chief Minister of Delhi on 14 February 2015? - Arvind Kejriwal
8) India on 14 February 2015 successfully test-fired a BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from Indian Navy's latest destroyer named? - INS Kolkata
9) Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan’s name was included in the LIMCA book of records in the first week of February 2015 for what reason? - For being the only woman of the country to represent the same Lok Sabha constituency on the same party ticket for eight times in a row.
Note: As a leader of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), she represents the Indore constituency of Lok Sabha in Madhya Pradesh. For the first time she was elected to the Lok Sabha in 1989. Since then she has been re-elected to the Lok Sabha in 1991, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2004, 2009 and finally to the 16th Lok Sabha on 18 May 2014.
10) First World Ocean Science Congress (WOSC) was held from 5 February 2015 to 8 February 2015 at? - Kochi, Kerala
11) Union Government recently declared 10 February as? - National Deworming Day
12) Rajasthan Government and which company on 9 February 2015 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to jointly set up India’s largest solar park with capacity of 10000 MW of electricity in Rajasthan? - Adani Enterprises Ltd (AEL)
13) First Robot-staffed Hotel of the World was recently announced to open in which country? – Japan
14) Who was on 8 February 2015 appointed as the Brand Director of German sportswear brand Adidas Group, India? - Damyant Singh
15) Union Government on 7 February 2015 decided to infuse 6990 crore rupees in how many Public Sector Banks to enhance their capital and meet global risk norms? – nine
Prepared by: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
16) Who was awarded with Yash Bharti Samman 2015 by UP Government on 9 February 2015? - Vinod Mehta
Note: Vinod Mehta is a distinguished journalist.
17) Who was appointed as the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Vodafone India on 9 February 2015? - Naveen Chopra.
18) ____th Annual Grammy Awards were held on 8 February 2015 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California? – 57
19) Which media company on 11 February 2015 acquired the Telugu television channel network Maa Television Network Ltd (MTNL) including its brand, assets and four channels for an undisclosed amount? - Star India Pvt. Ltd
20) Union Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports on 11 February 2015 revised which scheme? - Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar Scheme.
21) Who was on 9 February 2015 appointed as the Chairman of Indraprastha Gas Ltd, the firm that sells CNG in New Delhi? - M Ravindran
22) Name mascot of India’s 35th National Games, which was included in the LIMCA Book of Records? - Ammu, Hornbill
Note: The mascot found its place in the record books for its play, Kalikkunna Kuttikalkkayi Bharatham Kathirikkunnu (India Awaits Children Who Play) featuring the bird in lead role. The play was staged in 147 schools in Kerala.
23) ICICI Bank Limited on 12 February 2015 tied up with which global payment solutions company to offer an instant bank transfer service named FLASHremit? - UAE Exchange
24) India Cements Limited on 11 February 2015 transferred the Indian Premier League (IPL) team Chennai Super Kings Cricket (CSK) franchise to its new subsidiary named? - Chennai Super Kings Cricket (CSKC) Limited.
25) What was India's position in the World Press Freedom Index (WPFI) 2015 released recently? - 136
Note: Finland was on the 1st position followed by Norway and Denmark.
26) The Reserve Bank of India on 13 February 2015 announced that soon the currency notes of one rupees denomination will be in circulation. The notes will be printed by? - Government of India
Note: Other notes are printed by RBI.
27) Experimental aerospace firm SpaceX on 12 February 2015 successfully launched which rocket from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida? - Falcon 9
28) Election Commission of India (ECI) on 10 February 2015 declared the results of Delhi Legislative Assembly Elections 2015. Which party emerged the winner by winning 67 seats in the house of 70 seats? - Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)
29) 68th British Academy Films Awards (BAFTA) was announced on 8 February 2015. The BAFTA Awards were handed out at? - Royal Opera House in London.
30) Name the Veteran Marathi theatre artist and film actor who died on 7 February 2015? - Atmaram Govind Bhende
31) Union Ministry of Home Affairs on 12 February 2015 constituted a three-member Special Investigation Team (SIT) for re-investigation of the 1984 anti-Sikh riot cases. Who will head it? - Pramod Asthana, an IPS officer of 1986 batch.
32) Name the Indian-origin scientist who was on 27 January 2015 presented with the prestigious National Science Foundation CAREER award? - Gurpreet Singh