Download as PDF- Click Here
1) Who won the Australian Open 2015 men’s single title? - Novak Djokovic of Serbia
2) Who won the Australian Open 2015 women’s single title? - Serena Williams of the USA
3) NASA on 31 January 2015 successfully launched its first Earth satellite named? - Soil Moisture Active Passive (SMAP)
Note: The satellite is designed to collect global observations of the vital soil moisture.
4) Union Government on 4 February 2015 appointed whom as Union Home Secretary? - LC Goyal
5) World Cancer Day (WCD) 2015 was observed across the world on? - 4 February
Note: The tagline for the WCD 2015 was Not beyond Us.
6) Mrinalini Mukherjee who passed away on 2 February 2015 was a famous? - Sculptor and artist
7) Twitter and which search engine on 5 February 2015 have signed a deal to make tweets searchable? – Google
8) Which handset maker recently took over Korean electronics giant Samsung and became India’s biggest smartphone vendor and third largest in the world? -
9) Madras High Court on 6 February 2015 directed the which state government to issue a circular banning beauty contests in colleges and other educational institutions of the state? - Tamil Nadu
10) Which department won Gold at National Awards for e-Governance which was announced on 31 January 2015? - Directorate of Income Tax
Note: It was awarded for TDS Reconciliation Analysis & Correction Enabling System (TRACES).
11) Which country on 2 February 2015 successfully test-fired indigenously developed Air Launched Cruise Missile (ALCM) Ra’ad? – Pakistan
12) Who became youngest medal winner in National Games 2015 on 3 February 2015? - Saloni Dalal
Note: The 12-year-old, Saloni won a Bronze medal in the 200 meter breast stroke swimming event.
13) Which state Government on 3 February 2015 decided to provide free education to the Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and girl students till Post Graduation (PG) level in the State? – Bihar
14) Which state won the 10th National Award for excellent work in MGNREGA recently? - Madhya Pradesh
15) Union Government on 3 February 2015 constituted a High Level Panel to suggest a framework to assess Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities undertaken by companies under the Companies Act, 2013. The panel will be headed by? - Anil Baijal
16) Who was appointed as General Manager of Southern Railway on 1 February 2015? - Ashok K Agarwal
17) Who was sworn-in as the President of Italy on 3 February 2015? - Sergio Mattarella
18) Who won King Faisal International Prize for the year 2015 recently? - Dr. Zakir A. Naik
19) Who was on 5 February 2015 appointed as the Director General of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR)? - MO Garg
20) Who was awarded with Shrilal Shukla Sahitya IFFCO Award 2014 on 31 January 2015? - Hindi novelist Mithileshwar