1) Kumar Sangakkara created record by scoring four consecutive ODI centuries:
--> Sri Lanka's Kumar Sangakkara on 11 March 2015 became the first player to score four successive one-day international centuries, setting a new record in a World Cup match against Scotland in Hobart.
--> Sangakkara had made 105 not out against Bangladesh, an unbeaten 117 in the game with England followed by 104 against Australia.
--> The left-hander surpassed six players who had scored three ODI centuries in a row. They were Zaheer Abbas and Saeed Anwar of Pakistan, the South African trio of Herschelle Gibbs, AB de Villiers and Quinton de Kock, and Ross Taylor of New Zealand.
2) Bihar CM Nitish Kumar won trust vote in assembly:
--> Bihar CM Nitish Kumar on 11 MArch 2015 won trust vote on the floor of assembly by 140-0 votes, after the main opposition BJP staged a walkout minutes.
--> A total of 140 MLAs including supporters of former CM Jitan Ram Manjhi voted in favour of trust motion moved by Nitish Kumar, while no one voted against the motion as the lone opposition party BJP preferred to walkout from the house.
--> Nitish actually needed only 117 votes to win the trust motion in the assembly having effective strength of 233.
3) Coal scam: Manmohan Singh accused of criminal conspiracy
--> Former PM Manmohan Singh, Aditya Birla Group Chairman Kumar Mangalam Birla and former union coal secretary PC Parakh have been accused of criminal conspiracy and breach of trust in the allocation of a coal mine in 2005 and asked to appear before a Delhi court on April 8.
--> The court also summoned D Bhattacharya, the MD of Hindalco, the Aditya Birla Group company which was allocated the mine, and Group Executive President Shubhendu Amitabh.
--> The order was passed by Special CBI Judge Bharat Parashar.
4) David Hale nominated as next US ambassador to Pakistan:
--> United States President Barack Obama has nominated veteran diplomat David Hale as the next ambassador to Pakistan.
--> Hale is currently serving as the US Ambassador to Lebanon, a position he has held since 2013.
5) India and Seychelles signed four agreements to boost security cooperation:
--> India on 11 March 2015 signed four agreements with the Indian Ocean island nation Seychelles to boost security and maritime partnership.
--> The agreements were signed during the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Seychelles.
--> Modi also launched the Coastal Surveillance Radar Project in Seychelles, describing it as another symbol of the cooperation between the two countries.
6) Indian Railways inked MoU with LIC for Rs 1.5 lakh crore investments in rail infrastructure:
--> Life Insurance Corporation, the country's biggest insurer, on 11 March 2015 committed to invest Rs 1.5 lakh crore in Indian railways over the next five years.
--> According to the terms of the memorandum of understanding signed by the two organisations, the railways will use the funds to augment its capacity.
--> The MoU was signed by Financial Commissioner (Railways) Rajalakshmi Ravikumar and LIC Chairman SK Roy in presence of Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley and the Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhu.
7) Union Government appointed Nine Executive Directors in Public Sector Banks:
--> The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointments of following nine Executive Directors(EDs) in Public Sector Banks(PSBs).
--> Following 9 Executive Directors (ED) of PSBs were appointed
* K. Sahoo- ED of Allahabad Bank.
* Pawan Kumar Bajaj- ED of Indian Overseas Bank.
* Ravi Shankar Pandey- ED of Syndicate Bank.
* Kishore Piraji Kharat- ED of Union Bank of India.
* C.Lodha- ED of Central Bank of India.
* Charan Singh- ED of UCO Bank
* Venkata Rama Moorthy- ED of Bank of Baroda.
* P. Marathe- ED of Bank of India.
* Harideesh Kumar B- ED of Canara Bank.