Download as PDF-Click Here
1) Which cricketer on 18 January 2015 hit the fastest century in One-Day International (ODI) cricket? - AB de Villiers
Note: The 30-year-old South African captain scored the century in just 31 balls against West Indies. The previous record was held by New Zealand’s Corey Anderson who scored a century in 36 balls. He also broke 19-year old record of the fastest ODI half-century held by Sanath Jayasuriya. De Villers scored fifty off just 16 balls.
2) Which bank in India was recently named among 50 most valuable banks in 2014 with a market capitalisation of 41.58 billion US dollar? - HDFC bank
Note: It was ranked at 45th position.
3) Who was appointed as the Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) on 19 January 2015? - Pahlaj Nihalani
Note: Nihalani, known for the 1990s blockbusters Shola aur Shabnam and Aankhen will succeed Leela Samson who resigned from her office on 16 January 2015.
4) Name the small deposit scheme for girl child launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 22 January 2015 under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) campaign? - Sukanya Samridhi Yojana
5) National Girl Child Day was recently observed on? - January 24
6) Name the Indigenously-built Light Combat Aircraft which was handed over to the Indian Air Force (IAF) on 17 January 2015? – Tejas
7) National Immunization Day for the year 2015 was observed on? - 18 January
8) Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on 17 January 2015 adopted which Panchyat under Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojna (SAGY)? - Pachim Bekeli Gaon
Note: It is located in Kamrup district of Assam.
9) The Periyar Tiger Reserve on 20 January 2015 won the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) biennial award. It is situated in which state? – Kerala
10) Which Union Ministry on 21 January 2015 launched the National Heritage Development and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY) that seeks to preserve and rejuvenate the rich cultural heritage of the country? - Union Ministry of Urban Development
11) Which scheme announced by Modi government on 20 January 2015 made it to Guinness Book of World Records? - Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna(PMJDY)
12) Name the Telugu comedian actor who passed away on 23 January 2015? - Mailavarapu Surya
Prepared by: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
13) Name the former Thailand Prime Minister who was impeached on 23 January 2015 by an army-backed parliament? - Yingluck Shinawatra
14) Who won the National Billiards Championship on 17 January 2015 at the Bengal Rowing Club in Kolkata? - Pankaj Advani
Note: This was his seventh Senior National Billiards Championship. Advani, the 12-time world champion has won the previous six titles in 2012, 2011, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2005.
15) Which Indian city will host the World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT) in 2018, as announced recently? – Hyderabad
16) European Union (EU) on 20 January 2015 decided to lift a seven-month-long ban on the import of ____ from India? – Mangoes
17) Which Committee on 21 January 2015 submitted its report on restructuring of Food Corporation of India (FCI) to the Prime Minister Narendra Modi? - Shanta Kumar
18) Name the Saudi Arabia King who passed away on 23 January 2015? - King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz
19) Which Indian was appointed in the UN peace-building panel recently? - Saraswathi Menon
20) Name the Prime Minister of Bhutan who visited India from 10 January to 18 January 2015? - Lyonchhen Tshering Tobgay
21) Which mobile messaging application on 21 January 2015 unveiled a new service for sending messages from a Web browser? – WhatsApp
22) Which state will be getting the first international institute in India that is dedicated to music as announced recently? – Kerala
23) Eicher Motors on 19 January 2015 appointed whom as President of Royal Enfield? - Rudratej Singh