1) Curcuma longa is the scientific name of which spice?
Ans. (3) Turmeric
2) Bones found in the hands and feet as the percentage of total number of bones in the body of an adult human being is nearly equal to?
Ans. (4) 50%
3) Europeans are believed to have brought potatoes to India in the 18th century. Which region of the world is believed to be the origin of potato cultivation?
Ans. (2) Southern Peru
4) Oymyakon is generally considered the coldest inhabited area on earth. Which country Oymyakon is located in?
Ans. (2) Russia
5) Which gland in the human body is also known as the "third eye"?
Ans. (1) Pineal
6) Leukaemia is a group of cancers that usually begins in the bone marrow and results high numbers of which abnormal cells?
Ans. (1) White blood cells
7) During an earthquake,two places A and B record its intensity on richter scale as 4.0 and 6.0, respectively. In absolute terms, the ratio of intensity of the earthquake at A to that of B is?
Ans. (4) 1:100
8) On a cold day in January, the temperature at a place fell below the freezing point and was recorded as -40degree centigrade. On Fahrenheit scale, the same temperature would?
Ans. (3) -40 degree F
9) Universal gas constant,R, is a property of?
Ans. (1) Ideal Gas
10) In which place was the 1st science congress held in January,1914?
Ans. (1) Kolkata
11) The class of elementary particles, bosons, was named after Satyendra Nath Bose, an Indian Physicist. Which of the following Indian Scientists graduated from Presidency College Calcutta as a classmate of Satyendra Nath Bose?
Ans. (4) Meghnad Saha
12) To which places Aryabhata, the great mathematician, went for advanced studies?
Ans. (2) Patliputra
13) The development of the world's first practical design for an Inter – Continental Ballistic Missile, A9/10, was undertaken in Nazi germany during the world war 11. It was intended for use in boming?
Ans. (1) London and other coastal cities of Britain
14) Homi Jahangir Bhabha, the father of Indian nuclear programme, was also the fiunding director of which of the following institutes?
Ans. (1) Tata Institute of Fundamental Reasearch
15) Who headed the satellite launch vehicle (SLV) project launched by isro in 1970?
Ans. (3) Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam
More Question will Published Soon...
Check full Answer Key: Click Here