1) Novak Djokovic won his fifth Australian Open title on 1 February 2015 defeating whom?
(A) Stan Wawrinka
(B) Tomas Berdych
(C) Andy Murray
(D) Rafael Nadal
2) Nation observed the death anniversary of the Father of the nation, Mahatma Gandhi, on 30 January 2015 as?
(A) Non Violence Day
(B) Martyrs' Day
(C) Anti-Leprosy Day
(D) Ant-Terrorism Day
3) Which Department was recently awarded GOLD in National Award on e-governance 2014-15?
(A) Department of Posts
(B) Department of Food Processing
(C) Department of Space
(D) Income Tax Department
4) Krishna Chaudhary was on 30 January 2015 appointed as the Director General (DG) of?
(A) Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
(B) Border Security Force (BSF)
(C) Central Vigilance Commission (CVC)
(D) Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)
5) Name the Union Minister of Communications & IT who on 30 January 2015 released a set of Commemorative Postage stamps on Swachh Bharat?
(A) Sadananda Gowda
(B) Arun Jaitley
(C) J P Nanda
(D) Ravi Shankar Prasad
6) Union Govt. recently sold its 10% stake in which company, becoming the biggest ever share sale by any private or public sector company in India?
(A) Bharat Earth Movers (BEML)
(B) Indian Oil Corporation
(C) National Insurance Company
(D) Coal India Limited (CIL)
7) Jayanthi Natarajan who quitted Congress Party on 30 January 2015 was the Union Minister of _____ in previous UPA government?
(A) Information & Broadcasting
(B) Environment and Forest
(C) Water Resources
(D) Chemical & Fertilizers
8) Anti-Leprosy Day was observed recently on?
(A) 28 January
(B) 29 January
(C) 30 January
(D) 31 January
9) Minister for Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu, recently flagged off four Express trains from Bengaluru remotely through which service of RailTel, a PSU of Railways?
(D) Train Connect
10) Reserve Bank on 30 January 2015 constituted a high-powered panel to re-examine and recommend appropriate set of businesses, size, conversion and licensing terms for the urban cooperative banking sector. Who is the chairman of the committee?
(A) V K Saraswat
(B) R Gandhi
(C) Bimal Jalan
(D) Shyamala Gopinath
1) Ans. (C) Andy Murray
2) Ans. (B) Martyrs' Day
3) Ans. (D) Income Tax Department [Awarded for for TDS Reconciliation Analysis & Correction Enabling System (TRACES)]
4) Ans. (A) Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
5) Ans. (D) Ravi Shankar Prasad
6) Ans. (D) Coal India Limited (CIL)
7) Ans. (B) Environment and Forest
8) Ans. (C) 30 January
9) Ans. (A) Telepresence
10) Ans. (B) R Gandhi [He is the RBI deputy Governor]