Download as PDF- Click Here
1) Who was crowned Miss Universe 2014 on 25 January 2015? - Paulina Vega, Miss Colombia
2) Who won the women’s single title of Australian Open on 31 January 2015? - Serena Williams
Note: She defeated Maria Sharapova, the world number two from Russia 6-3, 7-6(5) in Melbourne, Australia.
3) Name the eminent Cartoonist who died on 26 January 2015? - Rasipuram Krishnaswamy Laxman (RK Laxman)
Note: His Common Man, created in 1957, was the symbol of trials and tribulations of India's ordinary people.
4) Who was on 29 January 2015 appointed as the Chairman of the Sangeet Natak Akademi (SNA)? - Shekhar Sen
5) Who was appointed as the Foreign Secretary of India on 28 January 2015? - Dr. S Jaishankar
6) Who won the women’s singles of Syed Modi Grand Prix Gold Badminton Tournament 2015 on 25 January 2015? - Saina Nehwal
7) Alexis Tsipras on 26 January 2015 was sworn in as the Prime Minister of? – Greece
8) Who were on 26 January 2015 posthumously awarded with the highest peacetime military honour the Ashok Chakra by President Pranab Mukherjee? - Major Mukund Varadarajan and Naik Neeraj Kumar Singh
9) Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 30 January 2015 constituted a High Powered Committee to re-examine and recommend appropriate set of businesses, size, conversion and licensing terms for the Urban Cooperative Banking (UCB) Sector. Who will chair the eight-member committee? - R Gandhi, the Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India.
10) Anti-Leprosy Day was observed on? - 30 January
11) Which country will host ICC Twenty20 World Cup in 2016 as announced recently? – India
12) Who took charge as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) recently? - Hanumanthu Purushotham
13) Name the Union Minister for Communications & Information Technology who on 30 January 2015 launched commemorative Postage stamps on the theme of Swachh Bharat Mission? - Ravi Shankar Prasad
14) Who won the inaugural Khushwant Singh Memorial Prize for Poetry at Jaipur Literature Festival on 24 January 2015? - Poetess Arundhathi Subramaniam
15) Who was appointed as the Special Director General (DG) of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) on 27 January 2015? - K Durga Prasad
Prepared by: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
16) People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) on 29 January 2015 announced to create India's first fenced elephant sanctuary at? - Bannerghatta Biological Park in Karnataka
17) Who was appointed as coach of National Men’s Hockey team on 30 January 2015? - Paul van Ass
Note: He succeeded Terry Walsh of Australia.
18) Malaysian government on 29 January 2015 officially declared the disappearance of which flight as an accident? - MH370
Note: The Beijing-bound Boeing 777 aircraft carrying 239 passengers and crew on board disappeared en route from Kuala Lumpur on 8 March 2014.
19) Who was appointed as the Director General (DG) of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) on 30 January 2015? - Krishna Chaudhary
20) Who recently won the Allan Border Medal for the Australian Player of the Year? - Steve Smith
21) Who was on 25 January 2015 appointed as Secretary (Security) in the Union Cabinet Secretariat? - Divya Prakash Sinha
22) Who was on 30 January 2015 sworn in as 44th Chief Justice of Sri Lanka? - Kanagasabapathy J Sripavan
23) India on 31 January 2015 successfully test-fired indigenously developed canister-based inter-continental ballistic missile (ICBM) Agni-5 from? - Wheeler's Island off Odisha coast
24) Actor and comedian Mala Aravindan who died on 28 January 2015 was famous in which film industry? – Malayalam
25) Which company recorded the highest-ever profit of 18 billion US dollars in corporate history worldwide recently? - Apple Inc
26) Name the President and Founder of Gorkha National Liberation Front (GNLF) who died on 29 January 2015? - Subhash Ghising
27) Who was on 27 January 2015 appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Ogilvy & Mather India with effect from 1 March 2015? - Kunal Jeswani
28) Who on 25 January 2015 became the first lady officer to lead the Inter-Service Guard of Honour for a major visiting dignitary at the Rashtrapati Bhavan? - Wing Commander Pooja Thakur
29) Union Government on 30 January 2015 divested ___ percent of its stake in Maharatna Coal India Limited (CIL)? - 10