* Colombia’s Paulina Vega was crowned Miss Universe on 26 January 2015, beating out contenders from the United States, Ukraine, Jamaica and The Netherlands at the world’s top beauty pageant in Florida.
* The 22-year-old model and business student triumphed over 87 other women from around the world, and is only the second beauty queen from Colombia to take home the prize.
* Miss USA Nia Sanchez and Miss Ukraine Diana Harkusha were the runners-up
* The last time Colombia won the crown was in 1956 when Luz Marina Zuluaga took home the title.
* The 63rd edition of the Miss Universe pageant was held at Florida International University in the city of Doral, USA.
* The event is actually the 2014 Miss Universe pageant. The competition was pushed back until now to try to get a bigger television audience.