1) The Sarkaria Commission was appointed?
(A) To examine center-state relations
(B) To examine the working of public sector undertakings
(C) To resolve the dispute regarding sharing of Cauveri waters
(D) To find a solution to the Punjab crisis
2) Who among the following was the chief guest at India's first Republic day celebrations in 1950?
(A) King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck, Bhutan
(B) Sukarno, President of Indonesia
(C) Governor General Malik Ghulam Muhammad, Pakistan
(D) Queen Elizabeth II, United Kingdom
3) Swaraj Party was formed after the failure of the which Movement?
(A) Quit India
(C) Civil Disobedience
4) 'Ek Tukda Dharti, Ek Tukda Aakash', a collection of poems, contains poems written by which former Prime Minister of India?
(B) Atal Bihari Vajpayee
(C) VP Singh
(D) Jawaharlal Nehru
5) Which is the southernmost active volcano in the world?
(A) Mt. Etna
(B) Mt Bromo
(C) Mt Yasur
(D) Mt. Erebus
6) Sir Edmund Hillary served as which county’s high commissioner to India,Bangladesh and Nepal?
(C) New Zealand
(D) United Kingdom
7) In 1943, who became the first Indian to be appointed as the Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
(A) C.D. Deshmukh
(B) K.G. Ambegaonkar
(C) Benegal Rama Rau
(D) H.V.R. Iyengar
8) The Indian Muslim League was founded in?
9) The Chinar tree is found in abundance in which state of India, where it is also the state tree?
(A) West Bengal
(B) Jammu and Kashmir
(D) Uttar Pradesh
10) In humans, which protein transports oxygen from the lungs to the rest of body?
1) Ans. (A) To examine center-state relations
2) Ans. (B) Sukarno, President of Indonesia
3) Ans. (B) Non-Cooperation
4) Ans. (C) VP Singh
5) Ans. (D) Mt. Erebus
6) Ans. (C) New Zealand
7) Ans. (A) C.D. Deshmukh
8) Ans. (B) 1906
9) Ans. (B) Jammu and Kashmir
10) Ans. (D) Hemoglobin