Download as PDF: Click Here
1) Who was crowned Miss World 2014?
Ans. Rolene Strauss
Note: She was Miss South Africa. The final of the beauty pageant was held in London, UK. Miss Hungary, Edina Kulcsar, was the runner-up and Miss United States, Elizabeth Safrit, came third.
2) Which country won Hockey’s Champions Trophy 2014?
Note: In the final match played at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, Olympic Champions Germany defeated Pakistan by 2-0 margin.
3) Who became longest serving Chief Minister of India on 12 December 2014?
Ans. Pawan Chamling, Sikkim Chief Minister
Note: He completed his 20 years in the office on 12 December 2014. Earlier, the longest serving CM was late Communist leader Jyoti Basu who was chief minister of West Bengal.
4) Who was appointed as Director of the Intelligence Bureau (IB) on 13 December 2014?
Ans. Dineshwar Sharma
5) Which bank on 16 December 2014 launched its mobile banking facility named Bank Aap Ki Muththi Mein?
Ans. HDFC Bank
6) Which terrorist group on 16 December 2014 carried out a massacre in the Army-run school in Peshawar, Pakistan?
7) Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 15 December 2014 increased RTGS (real time gross settlement) business hours from 7.30 hours to 12 hours. What is the revised timing now?
Ans. 8 am to 8 pm on weekdays.
Note: Earlier it was 9 am to 4.30 pm.
8) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully launched India’s heaviest rocket named ___ carrying Crew module Atmospheric Reentry Experiment (CARE) from Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh on 18 December 2014?
Ans. GSLV Mark-III-X
9) Book tittled "Born Again on the Mountain" which was released by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 12 December 2014 was written by?
Ans. Arunima Sinha
Note: She is the first Indian amputee and first female amputee to climb Mount Everest.
10) World Diamond Conference was recently held at?
Ans. New Delhi
11) Name the Indian-American physician who was on 15 December 2014 appointed as the 19th Surgeon General of America?
Ans. Vivek Hallegere Murthy
12) 14th Finance Commission headed by whom submitted its report to the President of India on 15 December 2014?
Ans. YV Reddy, former RBI governor
13) International Boxing Association (AIBA) on 17 December 2014 banned the which Indian boxer for one year for not accepting her bronze medal at Asian Games 2014 medal ceremony?
Ans. Sarita Devi
14) Minorities Rights Day was observed across the world to create awareness on rights of minorities on?
Ans. 18 December
15) Name the Japanese Prime Minister who was on 14 December 2014 re-elected for another four-year term?
Ans. Shinzo Abe
16) Rio 2016 Olympics and Paralympics Games mascot have been recently named respectively as?
Ans. Vinicius and Tom
17) Google on 15 December 2014 released its annual Year in Search (YIS) Report 2014. What was the top trending search during 2014?
Ans. Elections 2014
18) Who became the world’s first twin and sibling to climb the highest peaks of the seven continents on 16 December 2014?
Ans. Tashi Malik and Nungshi Malik
19) Union Government on 16 December 2014 banned which terror group under Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act?
Ans. Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).
20) Which Indian film was nominated on 13 December 2014 for Oscar 2015 in categories Best Picture and Best Original Score?
21) Who was appointed as Mauritius Prime Minister by the President Purryag on 14 December 2014?
Ans. Anerood Jugnauth
22) National Energy Conservation Day was observed on?
Ans. 14 December
23) Which Indian player on 15 December 2014 won his maiden London Classic Chess title?
Ans. Viswanathan Anand
24) Name the Japanese teens who became youngest table tennis champions on 13 December 2014 in table tennis World Grand Finals?
Ans. Mima Ito and Miu Hirano
25) Vijay Diwas was observed across the country on?
Ans. 16 December
26) Which country on 19 December 2014 became Associate Member State of CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research)?