1) DRDO successfully tested advance EW suite in Tejas-PV1 Aircraft: An advanced electronic warfare (EW) suite developed by the DRDO was successfully tested onboard the country's Light Combat Aircraft Tejas-PV1 on 10 January 2015. The equipment was noted to be detecting radar signals operating in and around the flight path. In addition to the Radar Warner, the EW suite, tested in Bengaluru, was also equipped with a jammer, which gives to the pilot an additional capability of nullifying the effect of detected radar threat by appropriate mode of jamming.
2) World Hindi Day observed on 10 January: World Hindi Day was celebrated every year on 10 January with the objective to promote use of Hindi language abroad. On this day in 1975, the First World Hindi Conference was organized in Nagpur by then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. It was held from 10 to 12 January 1975. Since then every year 10th January is being observed as the World Hindi Day.
3) Sindhushree Khullar appointed NITI Aayog's CEO: Sindhushree Khullar was on 10 January 2015 appointed as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the newly-formed NITI Aayog, which has replaced the Planning Commission of the Nehruvian era. Mr Khullar was Secretary in the erstwhile Planning Commission. Mr Khullar, a retired IAS officer, has been appointed on contract basis for a period of one year from January 1, an order issued by the Department of Personnel and Training said.
4) UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon arrives in India: United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon arrived at Ahmedabad city airport on 10 Jnauary 2015 ahead of Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit. He will will be the Guest of Honour at the 7th Vibrant Gujarat Summit.
5) Australia won Border–Gavaskar Trophy 2014-15: Australia clinched the Border-Gavaskar Trophy after India managed to hold on to a draw in the fourth and last test at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) on 10 January 2015. Australian captain Steve Smith was declared Man of the Series.