1) Which Sri Lankan cricketer recently become only the fifth cricketer to make 12,000 runs in Test cricket?
(A) Kumar Sangakkara
(B) Mahela Jayawardene
(C) Tillakaratne Dilshan
(D) Angelo Mathews
2) Footballer Steven Gerrard on 2 January 2015 has announced his decision to leave which football club that has been his home for last many years?
(A) Manchester City
3) Union Government has recently extended the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958 for another one year in which state and has declared the entire state as a ‘Disturbed Area’?
(D) Arunchal Pradesh
4) Post office savings bank accounts can now be operated through ATMs following a recent gazette notification amending which Post Office rules?
(A) Post Office Savings Bank General Rules, 1981
(B) Indian Post Office Rules, 1933
(C) Indian Post Office Act, 1898
(D) Post Office Guide Part-I
5) Sports Ministry on 2 January 2015 cleared the National Boxing Federations new name called?
(A) Indian Boxing Association
(B) Board of Control for Boxing in India
(C) Association for National Boxing
(D) Boxing India
6) Dr. Vasant Ranchod Gowarikar who passed away in Pune, Maharashtra on 2 January 2015 was an eminent?
(A) Film Director
7) Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently dedicated "Akodara Village" in which state as "ICICI Digital Village’ to the nation at an event which was organised to celebrate the ICICI Group’s 60 years of ‘partnering India’ in its progress?
(D) Madhya Pradesh
8) Union Water Resources Ministry will launch an initiative called ____ to be adopted in every district of the country during the India Water Week from January 13 to 17?
(A) 'Jal He To Kal He, Jal Nahi To Kuch Nahi'
(B) 'Aap Paani Ko Bachao Or Paani apko Bachayega'
(C) ' Jal Jeevan ka Anmol Ratan'
(D) 'Hamara Jal, Hamara Jeewan'
9) Who recently (Jan 2015) became the first cricketer to cross 5 million followers on Twitter?
(A) Virat Kohli
(B) Chris Gayle
(C) Sachin Tendulkar
(D) MS Dhoni
10) Suburban train service in which metropolitan city was affected on 2 January 2015 as commuters turned violent protesting a snag caused in electric supply to trains?
1) Ans. (A) Kumar Sangakkara
2) Ans. (C) Liverpool
3) Ans. (B) Assam
4) Ans. (A) Post Office Savings Bank General Rules, 1981
5) Ans. (D) Boxing India
6) Ans. (C) Scientist
7) Ans. (B) Gujarat
8) Ans. (D) 'Hamara Jal, Hamara Jeewan'
9) Ans. (A) Virat Kohli
10) Ans. (C) Mumbai