1) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 8 January 2015 inaugurated the 13th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas at Gandhinagar, Gujarat. Who among the following was the chief guest at the event?
(A) Joko Widodo, President of Indonesia
(B) Donald Ramotar, President of Guyana
(C) Epeli Nailatikau, President of Fiji
(D) Tony Abbott, Prime Minister of Australia
2) Satirical newspaper ‘Charlie Hebdo’ that came under attack by two masked gunmen on 7 January 2015 resulting in the death of paper’s editor and 11 other people is the newspaper in which country?
3) Who was named as business person of the year for 2014 by Fortune magazine recently?
(A) Jack Ma
(B) Mark Zuckerberg
(C) Larry Page
(D) Bill Gates
4) Shareholders have recently approved the merger of Kotak Mahindra Bank with which other bank?
(A) ING Vysya Bank
(B) Tailnadu Mercantile Bank
(C) South Indian Bank
(D) Vijaya Bank
5) Nobel laureate Kailash Satyarthi on 7 January 2015 dedicated his Nobel Peace prize to the nation by presenting his medallion to President Pranab Mukherjee. Name the NGO in which Kailash Satyarthi is associated?
(A) Bandhua Mukti Morcha
(B) Bachpan Bachao Andolan
(C) Mukti Caravan
(D) None of these
6) Which among the following was the theme of the Indian Science Congress-2015 held recently at Mumbai?
(A) Science and Technology for Human Development
(B) Innovations in Science & Technology for Inclusive Development
(C) Science for shaping the future of India
(D) Planet Earth
7) Dinesh Oraon was unanimously elected as the Speaker of which state assembly on 7 January 2015?
(C) Jammu and Kashmir
8) Which bank launched the country’s first ‘contactless’ debit and credit cards on 7 January 2015, enabling customers to make electronic payments by waving the cards near a merchant terminal instead of dipping or swiping these?
(A) State Bank of India
(B) ICICI Bank
(C) HDFC Bank
(D) Axis Bank
9) 'Qantas' was named as the world’s safest airline in a report published by AirlineRatings.com that was released on 7 January 2015. Qantas is the national airline of which country?
(D) Saudi Arabia
10) Which country has retained the iconic Reliance ICC Test Championship mace and has won a cash award of 500,000 US dollar for being at No.1 spot at the end of the year?
(A) Sri Lanka
(D) South Africa
1) Ans. (B) Donald Ramotar, President of Guyana
2) Ans. (D) France
3) Ans. (C) Larry Page
4) Ans. (A) ING Vysya Bank
5) Ans. (B) Bachpan Bachao Andolan
6) Ans. (A) Science and Technology for Human Development
7) Ans. (D) Jharkhand
8) Ans. (B) ICICI Bank
9) Ans. (C) Australia
10) Ans. (D) South Africa