Download as PDF- Click Here
1) Which player on 3 January 2015 became the fastest cricketer to reach 12000 Test runs? - Kumar Sangakkara
2) Which bank on 2 January 2015 launched Digital Village Project in Akodara Village of Gujarat? - ICICI Bank
Note: This was launched in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and ICICI Bank MD and CEO Chanda Kochar.
3) IRDA was renamed recently as? - Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
Note: Change in name came in to effect after the promulgation of Insurance Laws (Amendment) Ordinance, 2014, by the President of India on 26 December 2014.
4) Who was sworn-in as tenth Chief Minister of Jharkhand on 28 December 2014? - Raghubar Das
Note: Raghubar Das is the first non-tribal Chief Minister of Jharkhand since the state came into being on 15 November 2000.
5) BCCI on 28 December 2014 banned which left-arm spinner from bowling in competitive matches, after his bowling action was found illegal? - Pragyan Ojha
6) Who retired as the Chairman of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on 31 December 2014? - K Radhakrishnan
7) Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on 1 January 2015 launched integrated women safety mobile app called? – Himmat
8) Union Government on 1 January 2015 set up the National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog to replace? - Planning Commission
9) Which state government on 1 January 2015 launched online Right to Information (RTI) application filing facility? – Maharashtra
10) Union Government on 2 January 2014 accepted the recommendations of the Bezbaruah committee on? - Safety of North East people
Note: Bezbaruah committee of five members was set up under chairmanship of M P Bezbaruah in February 2014 to look into the concerns of the people of the North East living in other parts of the country.
11) Sports Ministry on 2 January 2015 cleared the National Boxing Federations new name called? - Boxing India
12) Who took charge as new Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) on 2 January 2015? - R. Koteeswaran
13) Union Cabinet recently approved hike of government stake in Industrial Finance Corporation of India to? - 51 percent
14) Union Government on 29 December 2014 renamed the Department of Disability Affairs (Nishaktata Karya Vibhag) as? - Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Viklangjan Sashaktikaran Vibhag)
15) Mahendra Singh Dhoni on 30 December 2014 announced retirement from which format of International cricket? - Test Cricket
Prepared by: www.currentaffairs4examz.com
16) Who was appointed as the Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) on 31 December 2014? - M Sathiyavathy
17) Tropical storm Jangmi made landfall in which country on 28 December 2014? – Philippines
18) Which Indian player on 29 December 2014 won the International Tennis Association (ITF) singles title of the World Tennis Association circuit held in Pune? - Ankita Raina
19) AirAsia flight number QZ8501 recently went missing (later confirmed as crash) with 162 people on board en route from? - Indonesian city of Surabaya to Singapore
20) Union Government in the recently decided to launch Operation All Out against Bodo militants in which state? – Assam
21) Who won the ATP World Tennis Championship at Zayed Sports City in Abu Dhabi on 4 January 2015? - Andy Murray
22) Who took over as the new chairman of Airports Authority of India (AAI) on 2 January 2015? - R K Srivastava
23) Who was appointed as the Chairman of Railway Board on 31 December 2014? - A.K. Mittal
24) Who was elected as President of the Indian Newspaper Society (INS) for 2014-15 on 2 January 2015? - Kiran Bhai Vadodaria
25) President of India Pranab Mukherjee on 30 December 2014 appointed the Governors of Mizoram, Uttarakhand and Meghalaya. Name them?
Mizoram - Aziz Qureshi, Uttarakhand - Dr Krishan Kant Paul, Meghalaya - Keshari Nath Tripathi
26) RBI recently amended KYC norms for? - Non-Banking Financial Companies
27) Union Government recently launched Madan Mohan Malviya National Mission on? - Teachers and Teaching
28) Name the noted educationist and former Vice Chancellor of the Aligarh Muslim University who died on 29 December 2014? - Saiyid Hamid
29) Jaffna-Kankasanthurai rail track restored by IRCON was recently inaugurated in which country? - Sri Lanka
30) Who was sworn in as the President of Tunisia on 31 December 2014? - Beji Caid Essebsi